Pages

07.07.2014- What's on the Menu: Tortilla

Monday, 7 July 2014

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that my number one passion in life is, without a doubt, food. The majority of my day to day routine is planned around meals, I love taking the time to enjoy a good eat. However, having a little bit of a topsy turvy working schedule means that I usually have to have an ultra early lunch or grab something on the go- and as much as I'm a fan of the sandwich sections of Pret and M&S, stuffing your face at your desk is never the best way to enjoy what you're eating. Getting home relatively late in the evening also means that I normally sit down to eat my dinner just before 9pm, so again my weekday meals tend to be devoured in a matter of minutes rather than savoured as they should be. So, when the lovely Melissa from SpreadItFast got in touch to introduce me to a new foodie experience in the shape of Tortilla, I jumped at the chance to go and sample something from their menu:

Chicken Burrito and the Naked Chicken Burrito, c/o Tortilla Hammersmith.

Popping along to the Hammersmith branch with Elodie after a rather manic Monday last week, I made a bee-line for the burritos. Although I've gradually been becoming more adventurous in my dining out habits, this was my first foray into the Californian/Mexican fusion cuisine offered by Tortilla, and- believe it or not- my first encounter with a burrito! Opting for a filling of chicken, coriander rice, guacamole, tomato salsa and grilled peppers with a dash of onions, I heartily tucked in- and was ultra-impressed. The food was flavoursome and filling, and unlike a lot of other 'fast food' outlets, felt fresh and a comparatively healthy alternative. With a takeaway option available too, Tortilla's offerings are a lovely departure from traditional on the go eating, and I think I'll definitely be popping back for another visit soon. In the meantime, lunchtime is calling....!

The food from our Tortilla experience was complimentary, but, as ever, my opinions are 100% honest- as is my love of food!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Gosh this looks ah-mazing. I could eat Mexican all dsay long!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tortilla is one of my favourite places to grab delicious, fast and gluten free grub! The Steak Naked Buritto and Corn Tacos are drool-worthy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sort of place Tom would love to go and eat! We are in London next week so I may suggest it to him.
    ​​Leanne @ Leanne-Marie ​ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That burrito looks delicious! I haven't had one in sooo long! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground