Pages

11.07.2014- What I Wore Today #194

Friday, 11 July 2014

Summer summer summer tiiiime! Synonymous with beach breaks, relaxation and getting to grips with a good book from the comfort of your sun lounger. Or, if you're stranded in the city for the duration, the polar opposite of all of the above. In my twenty four years of living in Britain, I've come to realise that there are some things which we do fantastically- namely queuing, complaining and making the perfect cup of tea. On the other hand, however, there are a few challenges which we don't quite seem to have mastered just yet- and chief amongst them is dealing with extremes of weather. Want to catch a train when it's snowing? Forget it. Thinking of leaving the house without a brolly? I wouldn't if I were you. And as for keeping cool on public transport in the summer- not a chance! I feel like these extremes of temperature seem to be all I can talk about of late, and towards the end of last week I discovered to my cost the perils of jumping onto the Central Line on the hottest day of the year. Hell on earth. With things set to get a whole lot stickier over the coming weeks, I've seized the opportunity to pick up some cool (or should that be cooling?!!) new pieces:

Blouse- Zara
Trousers- F&F
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Warehouse (via ASOS)
Necklace- Mango
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

These trousers from F&F have proven to be a really worthwhile purchase, and they're a lovely lightweight alternative to so many of the heavier, more formal styles which are in my wardrobe. At only £16, they were a real snip too, and I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of wear out of them, particularly as they are absolutely perfect for work. Here I paired them with a real staple in the shape of this much loved Zara blouse, although I'm not too sure that black will ever be a wise choice of colour when the temperatures are turning tropical! I've also found myself investing in a few new pairs of sunglasses (for purely practical purposes of course!), and these ones from Warehouse are my current favourites- perfect for injecting a pop of colour. 

Have you been struggling with the warm weather?

(Image credit: Elodie Russo, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. There are some gorgeous navy blue cat eye glasses in warehouse at the moment which I've decided I NEED. Love these trousers, such a bargain x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trousers were £16? Absolute bargain!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground