Pages

15.07.2014- Prada Candy Florale Eau de Toilette

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

As far as fragrance is concerned, I'm generally a bit of a boring Belinda and tend to routinely repurchase the same thing over and over again. I'll never forget my first foray into perfume- trekking through the hallowed halls of the sadly now closed down Allders in Croydon with my mum, happily spritzing away onto my Tammy Girl clobber and loving feeling like a 'grown up'. Eleven year old me picked out Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Scent Spray, and for the next five years I more or less doused myself in it at every opportunity- intermittently mingling with bursts of Impluse and Charlie body spray too. Looking back I probably smelt like a perfumier's worst nightmare, but at the time it was a combination which I was pretty much devoted to. 

Fast forward a few years and on my sixteenth birthday I received the best present ever- a bottle of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. This was a serious step up for me- and marked a definite change in my scent mentality. Every time the bottle emptied, I'd religiously go back to Chanel, and apart from the strictly special occasion bottle of No. 5 which still sits on my dressing table, it was my absolute favourite perfume. Although it's still something which I absolutely adore and which I know I'll fall back in love with, for the moment it's proving a little too pricey for my purse strings- particularly given how quickly I found myself getting through it (the downside of binning the Impulse, you see!) So, with frugality in mind, I've been on the lookout for a more affordable- but no less fragrant- alternative, and Prada's Candy Florale Eau de Toilette is my current pick:



This little bottle of pink loveliness has been more or less everywhere over the last few months- I've even spied the gorgeous face of Léa Seydoux in the ad campaign as I make my way to the train station every day. I was originally introduced to the scent after finding one of those handy free samples ensconced within the pages of Harper's Bazaar, and I was more or less sold straight away. To put it simply, spraying this is like walking into the garden when all of your favourite flowers are in bloom- with notes of caramel, white musk and peony, it's lovely and subtle and not at all overpowering. Delicate, light and feminine, this is a real winner for me, particularly as a little goes a really long way. When I picked it up on the way home from work, the lady in The Fragrance Shop assured me that I'd be back to repurchase as soon as I ran out- and she definitely wasn't wrong!

Have you tried Prada Candy Florale yet?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I think this is going on my Christmas list!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally just smelt this in a magazine, gorgeous!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - have covered myself in it at the airport duty free a few times so may have to add it to my list! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground