Pages

17.07.2014- The Whistles Wishlist

Thursday, 17 July 2014

If you're a regular reader of these pages, then you'll be well aware of the fact that I'm a huge fan of Whistles. Since my first post about them back in 2010 (!), I've become an avid peruser of their collections from season to season, saving up my pennies to make a few star purchases (including my much loved trench coat) , as well as developing something of an obsession with their slogan sweatshirts! When it comes to picking up cool, effortlessly chic, modern pieces, Whistles is a real one stop shop, and even if I'm on the broke side of at the end of the month, I still love browsing what they have to offer for outfit inspiration. During a much needed catch up with Sarah last week, we headed away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street for a trip to their St. Christopher's Place store (one of my favourite branches). As well as having lots of lovely bargains on sale, they were also displaying some new pieces from the Pre-Fall collection- and needless to say that I now have a wishlist as long as my arm of potential purchases:

 photo whistles_zps706406cb.jpg
Lace Insert Linen T-Shirt, £65/Enchante Knit, £115/Bex Wideleg Jumpsuit, £175/Brigette Metallic Flat Point Pump, £115/Rosewater Print Adrianne Dress, £115/Tyler Leopard Phone Case, £30/Fleet Large Tote, £195/Suki Square Catseye Sunglasses, £70/Ellie Pleated Skirt, £115/Voila Stripe Knit, £115.

As far as wardrobe basics go, they don't really come much better than the staple black top. Something which can be dressed up or down and is as versatile as you like- and this beautiful style is definitely one worth saving up for- I adore the lace detailing. My love of the French slogan top is something which has been very well documented around this neck of the woods, and this knitted design is something which I'm 99% sure will be making a sojourn to my wardrobe as soon as funds allow. Again, it's an ultra simple basic which can be teamed with jeans, smart trousers or a skirt- and although summer has only just arrived, I'm sure it won't be long before thoughts start turning to the beginning of autumn, and the inevitable segue into cold weather clobber which follows. Just getting ahead of the game, right?!

The jumpsuit is a piece which I've posted about once or twice before, and it's something which I think can prove a really smart, understated alternative to the dress, particularly in terms of evening wear. This wide leg version creates a lovely, modern silhouette, as well as a sophisticated nod to the sports luxe aesthetic which shows no sign of disappearing. Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I'm a bit of a disaster zone when it comes to shoes, and amongst my family I'm notorious for getting blisters whenever we go out (I'm still nursing a few which I picked up from wearing my new Birkenstocks!) As a result, I tend to wear my comfiest footwear rather religiously- but am always on the lookout for prospective pain free purchases! These silver flats caught my eye last week, and I think they're ideal for the transition between seasons- a lovely halfway house between sandals and winter boots. 

We all know that I can't resist a statement pair of sunglasses, and this Suki pair are right up my street- super stylish and a definite investment purchase. This beautiful printed dress is another Pre-Fall favourite, with the dark floral design offering a lovely transition between summer and autumn. It's a piece which I'm seriously thinking about picking up for my friend's wedding in September too- so watch this space! With payday a little while off yet, a slightly more affordable injection of transitional chic comes in the shape of the iPhone case- guaranteed to keep your gadgets looking cool. I'm also well and truly in love with the Fleet Large Tote- a slightly more grown up version of the satchel style which proved so popular last season. This wins points from me as it's big enough to accommodate absolutely everything. And maybe the kitchen sink too!

My Whistles Carrie skirt (a piece which is nearly two years old!) has proven to be an ultra savvy purchase. Whether it's wearing it with a knit during the winter or styling it during the summer, it's a real old faithful which I know I can reach for time and time again, so it's perhaps no surprise that I've taken a real shine to this similar pale pink version. It's a real elegant essential and has so much potential for teaming with lots of different favourites. Finally, another slogan knit (I told you I was obsessed!) in the shape of this striped style. Because, let's face it, you can never have too much of a good thing!

Are you a fan of Whistles? What do you think of their Pre-Fall offerings?

(Image credit: Whistles.)

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE whistles but my bank balance doesn't! Great picks. Have to say how much I love the pleated skirt. Just stunning :o) x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground