Pages

18.07.2014- What I Wore Today #195

Friday, 18 July 2014

One of my favourite things about the arrival of summer is being able to rummage through my wardrobe and unearth some old favourites. Whilst my shorts and swimwear are firmly confined to the 'holiday clothes' draw (I don't think the commuters on the District line would much appreciate seeing my polka dot beach culottes!), I've got a little stash of seasonal favourites which are just perfect for the summer. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for mixing things up and injecting splashes of vivid colour into my winter wardrobe, but some of my most treasured purchases are just synonymous with the summer. Last week, I made the most of some much needed time away from work and jumped on the train down to Arundel, complete with a selection of summery style stars:
outfit11thjuly
11thjuly3 Coat- Zara 
Blouse- Zara 
Jeans- Topshop 
Shoes- Flossy 
Bag- Zara 
Sunglasses- Topshop 

First and foremost- how spectacular is this backdrop?! I'm working on a post all about Arundel Castle, so definitely keep your eyes peeled for that over the next few weeks. This is actually the Cathedral, which sits right at the top of the hill and opposite the Castle Gardens- it's also where my parents got married and where my lovely Nan spent most of her time volunteering, so it's definitely somewhere which is very close to my heart. Anyway, before I get too soppy, on to the outfit! You might remember this coat from last year, and it's a piece which I was only too eager to return to this summer. A real bargain purchase from the Zara sale a few seasons ago, it's an impulse buy which I've worn so much, and the sunshine yellow hues are just perfect for this time of the year. Here I layered it over some basic Topshop jeans and another summer favourite in the shape of this floral detail blouse, along with my much loved Flossy pumps which are ultra comfortable and ideal for wearing on walking-centered days out!

Have you got any summer favourites which you keep coming back to? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah those surroundings are beautiful! As are you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hawt babe! I love that coat and the flash of your embellished top underneath (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coat...you can definitely tell it's Zara. So nice :)

    www.franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground