Pages

22.07.2014- Summer Holiday Style: Beach Break

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

After the heatwave which we had at the end of last week, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was longing to escape to the seaside, if only to cool down! With the summer holidays just creeping over the horizon, my thoughts are already turning to the prospect of the beach, although the closest I'll probably get to the sea is a trip down to Brighton (not that I'm complaining!) However, if you've got a more exotic break on the cards, I've rounded up some of my beach break must haves:
 photo beachbreak_zps0bb10291.jpg
Navy Scalloped Swimsuit, £36, Topshop/Red Basic Longline Bikini, £25, Topshop/Whistles Seam Back T-Shirt, £35, John Lewis/Layla Printed Beach Trousers, £35, Accessorize/Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Las Salinas, £30, Selfridges/Slouchy Vegan Tote, £58, Free People/Leather Flat Sandals, £25, ASOS/Samsung NX Mini Compact System, £349.95, John Lewis/Ambre Solaire Dry Mist SPF 30, £8, Boots/Ombre Crown Weave Floppy Hat, £22, Accessorize/Pink Flower Trim Retro Sunglasses, £13, River Island.

You might remember from my holiday posts a few years ago that I'm a huge fan of retro inspired swimwear. There's something about the humble high waist which is super-flattering, and I'm always on the lookout for new pieces to add to my collection. This season, Topshop's swimwear has really caught my eye, and I love the illusion which this two tone scalloped swimsuit creates- it's a real classic in the making. If you're more of a bikini buyer, then look no further than this vibrant red two piece- pretty purse friendly too, don't you think? 

Whenever I go away on holiday, one of the first pieces to find a way into my suitcase is the humble white t-shirt. This classic from Whistles is a real essential, and something which you know will stand up really well to sunscreen and sand! Printed trousers are another warm weather favourite of mine, and I'm well and truly head over heels in love with this pair from Monsoon, especially as the bold contrasting pattern is ideal for statement summer dressing. I've mentioned in a few previous posts that I tend to pack minimal makeup when I go away, and of there's one product which is perfect for a trip away (or even if you're staying at home!), it's Charlotte Tilbury's Beach Stick. After reading lots about them online, a few weeks ago I finally spied them in Selfridges, and needless to say my face rapidly resembled that emoji which has hearts for eyes. Promising to give you a sunkissed, holiday complexion, this is ultra handy, and something which I'm confident I'll be investing in before too long!

Another essential for any beach break is a good, sturdy bag, large enough to accommodate all of your essentials. This design from Free People is perfect- with a pouch attached for all of your valuables. It would also make a really lovely day bag too- so definitely a worthwhile investment. These pastel pink sandals from ASOS caught my eye during a recent browse, and again they'd be the perfect versatile addition to any capsule holiday wardrobe. Clothes aside, there are few things more important to pack for a trip away than a camera, and this Samsung NX Mini model from John Lewis ticks all the right boxes. Not only is the sorbet shade perfect for the summer, but the spec is amazing- next time I go away I'm seriously considering investing in one of these more compact designs rather than worrying about finding room in my bag for my DSLR. 

Although it seems like a given, sunscreen is another vital addition to your holiday wardrobe- particularly if you're prone to burning as quickly as I am! Hand in hand with this sits the oversized hat (how amazing is this one from Accessorize?!), and some sunglasses- and I've got a feeling that this pair from River Island will be making their way into my collection sooner rather than later!

Are you heading to the beach this summer?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh I want that Samsung camera SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything here, the swimsuit and bikini are both insanely gorgeous! The pink sandals are cute too! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those trousers and that bikini looks gorge! And that camera is so pretty! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground