Pages

11.08.2014- What I Wore Today #198

Monday, 11 August 2014

Although florals tend to be my summer staple of choice, it's always nice to mix things up a little bit in the print stakes, particularly at this time of the year when a bold pattern won't look at all out of place amid a sea of Hawaiian inspired designs and vibrant colours. With the heat still making things rather sticky and uncomfortable here in London town, I've also been paring down a lot of my outfits of late, reaching for simpler, fuss-free pieces which are easy to throw on before heading out of the door. As I mentioned in my last outfit post, being comfortable is concern numero uno at the moment, and one of my more recent purchases ticks all of the 'keeping cool in hot weather' boxes:

27thjuly1 27thjuly2
Dress- Peter Jensen via Coggles 
Shoes- Converse
Bag- Zara
Ear Cuff- Zara
Sunglasses- Vintage

You know those pieces in your wardrobe which just make you smile the minute you look at them? For me, this is one of those! I'd had my beady eye trained on this amazing printed Peter Jensen dress since it landed on ASOS, but when it was discounted during their sale, my size was sold out. Thankfully, Coggles came to the rescue- and with £30 extra off of the price, it was definitely something which was worth biding my time for! The lips print is just so fun, and it's a real statement too- ideal for teaming with minimal accessories for a slice of simple chic. The loose fitting smock style is also perfect for this weather, whether pairing it with casual shoes as I did here, or teaming with sandals for a smarter look. Keeping things co-ordinated, I reached for my structured Zara bag, beloved vintage sunglasses and a new addition to my jewellery collection in the shape of this ear cuff, again from Zara- another statement piece which I just can't get enough of at the moment. 

Have you picked up any statement pieces recently?

(Image credit: Elodie Russo, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. oooh love your cuff, very different xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress!!! And the cuff is a clear winner!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground