Pages

17.08.2014- Beauty Buys: Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner

Sunday, 17 August 2014

Like most people in life, there are some things which I like to think I'm pretty good at (eating biscuits, making tea and being able to endlessly quote Game of Thrones being my top three talents at the moment), but at the grand old age of twenty four, I've resigned myself to the fact that there are some skills which I'll just never be able to master. I know that I'll never have the patience for knitting. I doubt if I'll ever possess anything more than a basic (primary school) understanding of Maths. And it's pretty much a given that my artistic talents will never stretch beyond the bounds of the humble stick man. Until recently, I'd also completely given up hope of being able to 'do' eyeliner- more specifically the sort of feline flick synonymous with 60s style and recently brought into our collective consciousness again by a certain Miss Chung. Whenever I'd tried to conquer the cat eye in the past, things had tended to go horrendously wrong, with my lack of hand-eye co-ordination resulting in some seriously panda-esque peepers. I'd firmly resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be able to master elegant eyeliner, as no matter how many products I tried, I'd constantly end up with the same shoddy results. However, after reading a whole host of glowing reviews of Benefit's latest eye offering, I threw caution to the wind and took the plunge, treating myself to it after a rather momentous Monday (more on that soon, I'm sure!): 

They're Real! Push Up Liner, £18.50, Benefit

This little product has been the toast of a lot of my favourite beauty blogs over the last month or so, and it definitely lives up to the hype. I'm someone who (still) can't keep in between the lines in a colouring book, so the idea of having to create two almost identical slicks of eyeliner across each of my eyelids is one which filled me with fear- until discovering this. The applicator is slanted, so most of the hard work in terms of angling and positioning has been done for you, and the pen-like design makes it ultra-easy to hold. Less is definitely more with this too, particularly in terms of making sure you've got just the perfect amount of gel product ready at the top of the pen, and also when applying it's worth noting that a little goes a really long way. I've mainly been using this toward the outer edge of my eyelid just to create a little flick, but it's dynamic enough to build across the lash line should you be that way inclined too. The fact that I've been using it pretty solidly since I picked it up is testament enough to how good it is- especially as every time I've tried liners in the past I've given up and thrown them in the bin!

Have you tried the They're Real Push Up Liner?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to get this pronto!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept hearing bad things about the They're Real push up liner, but you really make me want to try it now!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought this in the duty free last week - really wish I had now! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground