Pages

24.08.2014- What I Wore Today #199

Sunday, 24 August 2014

Remember that spell of sweltering heat which we had about three weeks or so ago? I know, I know, it seems like a distant memory amid a distinctly chilly end to August (winter is coming!), and I'm sure at the time I would have been grumbling about how impossible public transport is during a heatwave, but the fact that I'm now walking around the house in a woolly jumper makes me long for just a tiny bit more warmth! You might remember that in my last outfit post I focused on a loose-fitting, statement piece, and back when the weather was a touch more tropical, I found myself reaching for lots of easy-to-wear favourites, all with a distinctly flowy feel:

27thjuly1
Top- Whistles (c/o Westfield London) 
Skirt- Whistles 
Shoes- Birkenstock (via ASOS) 
Bag- Vintage 
Sunglasses- Vintage

I have to confess that when I was putting this outfit together, I didn't actually realise that the main ingredients all originated from Whistles! You might remember this tee was a cheeky spur of the moment purchase from Westfield at the start of the year, and I'm sure the skirt will look familiar as I've had it for a good couple of years now.  These ultra-comfortable basics have definitely been a core part of my wardrobe routine of late, particularly on warmer days when the last thing you want is to feel constricted (I'm looking at you, Mr. Denim!) Accessorized with some co-ordinating finishing touches in the shape of my Birkenstocks and favourite vintage finds, this was an ideal outfit for exploring Borough Market with Lily before heading to The Globe to catch Julius Caesar.

What are your warm weather essentials? 

(Image credit: Lily Safavi, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah please pass this kirt on to me once you've finished!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this outfit - this day was so hot! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous here, I am obsessed with Whistles at the moment!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground