Pages

25.08.2014- Beauty Buys: Neal's Yard Remedies Organic Argan Oil

Monday, 25 August 2014

One of the things which I enjoyed the most about my trip to Morocco in February was paying a visit to an amazing Argan Oil co-operative. You might remember from my travel diary that I loved finding out about the process of extracting and making Argan Oil products, as well as meeting the lovely women who worked at the co-operative. Since arriving home, I've been using the products which I picked up there rather religiously- and as a result my stash has been completed depleted! A few weekends ago, I used up the last of the small supply which I had left, and I've since been eagerly searching for something to replenish my stocks. Thankfully, Neal's Yard came to the rescue- and after raving about their Coconut Oil a few months ago, I wasted no time in snapping up a rather magical little blue bottle: 


Whilst the price tag of this Neal's Yard offering doesn't quite match up to the ultra affordable Argan Oil which is so bountiful in Morocco, this is definitely a fallback failsafe until I can book myself on to another flight! Before visiting Essaouira, I'd heard about the wonders of Argan Oil as a multi-purpose beauty product, but had never really gotten around to seeing what all of the hype was about for myself. However, when I saw that finding out more about it was on the itinerary of our Moroccan adventure, I was really excited to discover more, and, after snapping up some brilliant products from the co-operative to bring home with me, I think it's safe to say that I'm a real convert. It's one of those amazing multipurpose products which ticks so many different boxes, whether it's pepping up your skin or keeping frizzy hair at bay. I tend to run it through the ends of my hair and leave for about ten minutes before washing, and it's also a great alternative to moisturiser if your skin is feeling a little tired. In this undiluted form it stretches pretty far too, so definitely a product to use sparingly!

Have you tried Argan Oil as part of your beauty routine? What did you think?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the Moroccan Oil and an Argan Oil which have both always dramatically improved the condition of my hair. Hearing that neals yard do one is fantastic as I just love their products. x :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love argan oil - so good for long hair. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground