Pages

03.08.2014- What I Wore Today #197

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Although this week has been a little bit cooler in London (the jeans are back out!), it's still a little bit stifling- particularly on the Tube. As I've mentioned in a few posts before, when it's summer in the city I tend to live in comfortable basics, and, in lieu of being able to leave the house in my pyjamas, I've been reaching for loose fitting, lightweight pieces- some of which probably wouldn't look out of place amongst my sleepwear. Despite attracting some funny looks from the commuters on the 7:27 of a morning, comfort is key for me when it's warm- and I've been really enjoying styling some old summer staples and new favourites of late: 

outfit19thjuly
Blouse- Topshop 
Trousers- Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (via eBay) 
Shoes- Birkenstock (via ASOS) 
Bag- Zara 
Sunglasses-Vintage 

These Sonia by Sonia Rykiel trousers have proven to be absolute lifesavers this summer, and they're absolutely ideal for this type of weather. Since I snapped them up on eBay, they've become real staples, particularly as the print is so easy to team with some off favourite basics. Here I styled them with a rather ancient blouse from Topshop, injecting a pop of colour, and my Birkenstocks- suffice it to say that I've broken them in enough after their first outing for them now to be ultra comfortable! 

How have you been styling your summer staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Sandiford, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Sarah how amazing are those trousers?!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit Sarah :) I have also been working this kind of look this summer and getting the occasional funny look on the early morning bus/tube. Haha. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your bold blouse xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know your fashion. http://www.omdear.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground