Pages

08.09.2014- Back to Black

Monday, 8 September 2014

If you believe what you watch on Netflix, then you might be forgiven for thing that Orange is the New Black. Whilst I'm still seriously behind on the show (always late to the party!), I'm convinced that, in the fashion stakes at least, black is well and truly here to stay. For the coming season, things are definitely shifting towards a more gothic aesthetic, with moody hues and lace effect details all evoking a Victoriana vibe which taps in perfectly to a darker sentiment. Whilst I'm trying to steer myself away from making more impulsive, trend-led purchases, there's no denying that black is a true wardrobe failsafe- and a chic classic which will never go out of vogue:

 photo backtoblack_zps6be03fe4.jpg
Isha Rope Necklace, £29, Z for Accessorize/Bambino Knitted Roll Neck Jumper, £55, French Connection/Etched Plate Bracelet, £38, Free People/Cedar Street Mandy Bag, $228, Kate Spade/Cheap Monday Very Stretch Jeans, £49, Urban Outfitters/Wonderland Black and Gold Watch, £65, Olivia Burton/Leather Loafers, £39.95, Gap/Combined Top, £25.99, Zara/Flat Elastic Chelsea Boot, £49.99, Zara/Star Hoop and Stud Earring Set, £8, Urban Outfitters.

I've already waxed lyrical about how much I adore the Z for Accessorize range, and this season I'm definitely tempted to embrace some of the more bohemian styling which is popping up in the shops. The gold detailing of this longer line necklace is perfect for punctuating blocks of solid black, and is a piece which adds an instant burst of glamour to any outfit. With winter just visible on the horizon, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been thinking about knitwear- and this roll neck from French Connection is a real new season investment which I'm sure I'll be making before too long. It's an instant, high quality classic which is brilliantly versatile and perfect for styling in so many different ways. With jewellery on the brain again, this statement bracelet from Free People is perfect for hinting at a tougher, moodier approach- and in lieu of black lipstick is a great way to channel 'modern goth'. 

We all know I can't resist a good bag, and this beauty from Kate Spade really caught my eye as it's the perfect staple. The cross body design is ultra practical too, and I think this is a real classic which would stand the test of time in any handbag collection. Speaking of classics, they don't come more essential than a good pair of jeans, and amid my research to find some replacement pairs for my wardrobe, this Cheap Monday offering from Urban Outfitters caught my eye. With a high waist and added stretch- I'm sold! Although my shoe collection is probably large enough to be housed in a separate building, one thing which it is really lacking is a good pair of black flats. These loafers from Gap are well and truly on my shopping list, particularly as they look pretty comfortable too. 

Back to accessories, and things don't really get more stylish than an Olivia Burton watch. This black design is synonymous with a timeless chic, and it's a real investment buy. On the high street, I've noticed that Zara are once again streaks ahead in terms of their new season collections hitting the shops, and this lace insert blouse is perfect for giving the gothic look a more subtle nod. These Chelsea Boots are again perfect for winter, and just add a splash more style thanks to the patent detailing. Finally, these earrings from Urban Outfitters are a lovely, subtle way to tip your hat to one of the new season's biggest fashion stories. 

 Have you picked up any new season pieces?

 (Image credit: Accessorize, French Connection, Free People, Kate Spade, Urban Outfitters, Olivia Burton, Gap & Zara.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground