Pages

22.09.2014- What I Wore Today #202

Monday, 22 September 2014

Whilst I'm definitely no trendy Wendy, one of the most fun things about fashion is being able to enjoy constantly evolving styles and get a little bit experimental every now and again. In the past I've mentioned that I'm now more resolved than ever to only invest my hard earned pennies in pieces which I know will stand the test of time. So in a cautiously trend-aware way (if there even is such a thing?!), I've been mixing up some of my best loved wardrobe basics with a few new truly timeless additions to my wardrobe:

outfit5thsept
Dress (worn as Jacket)- Monsoon 
Blouse- Zara 
Jeans- Whistles 
Bag- Cambridge Satchel Company c/o MyBag.com
Shoes- Birkenstock (via ASOS) 

The kimono explosion is something which had completely passed me by up until now, but as the transition into autumn begins I've been keeping my eyes eagerly peeled for pieces which offer a little bit of warmth without veering in to coat territory. This is actually a dress from Monsoon's new season collection which I couldn't resist styling as a kimono-coat-jacket! On me, it works so much better like this for some reason- and I love the boho flavour which it lends to some of my favourite black basics. Also, allow me to introduce you to the latest addition to my bag collection- this gorgeous Cambridge Satchel from MyBag.com. Not only was this piece perfect for my jaunt to Cambridge a few weeks ago (more on that coming soon!), but it's also a real classic which I know I'll get so much use out of- a definite investment for my wardrobe. 

Have you made any new season investments lately?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah if you're having a clear out anytime soon, hit me up babes!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the bag and the jacket is so pretty it looks cool on you. Don't you think a necklace like this will really look cool wiyh this.
    http://daryalondon.co.uk/shop/necklace/margherita-crystal

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground