Pages

24.09.2014- Covetable Coats

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Now that there's a definite chill in the air of a morning, I'm sure it won't be too long before I end up reaching for some of my favourite coats, and although it's not essential to buy a new one season after season, sometimes injecting a fresh feel into your winter wardrobe is the perfect antidote to the winter blues. As well as my trusty old favourites (like my camel coat) I'm sure that before long I'll be unboxing some newer statement purchases like my pale pink and check numbers from last year. Although I promised myself that I wouldn't veer into 'not another new coat' territory again this winter, I've already spied a selection in the shops which are seriously testing my willpower:

coats
Boucle Coat, £85, Warehouse/Ingrid Coat, £179, Boden/Light Grey Oversize Boucle Coat, £90, River Island/Wool Blend Double Breasted Coat, £120, Marks and Spencer.

This vivid red design from Warehouse has officially rocketed to the top of my shopping list. Not only is the colour instantly warming, but the relaxed, boyfriend inspired fit is perfect for finding the balance between the smart and casual pieces in your wardrobe. A real failsafe for dreary winter mornings too, don't you think? When I was lucky enough to pop along to Boden's AW14 press day back in May, their amazing array of new season coats really caught my eye, particularly as they were all so wonderfully colourful. From pastel pinks to forest greens, there was a spectrum of shades on show, and this gorgeous blue design still stands out as a favourite. The classic, vintage inspired shape wins serious style points too, and guarantees that this is one serious investment but which you'll keep coming back to year after year. 

If bold colours don't float your boat and you're after something a little more muted, then grey is set to be a real seasonal favourite this winter. There are plenty of neutral tones in the shops at the moment, and this piece from River Island is a another favourite of mine, particularly thanks to the oversized collar and boucle effect. Last year's penchant for pastels also shows no sign of abating, and pink is still a massive presence on the high street. With pale hues evoking a spring feel, they are a fabulously welcome antidote to the traditional dark shades of winter, and this lilac offering from Marks and Spencer is a lovely fresh twist on a classic shape-with a wool blend, it's also a perfectly practical purchase as the weather gets chillier. 

Have you picked up a new winter coat yet? 

(Image credit: Warehouse, Boden, River Island and Marks and Spencer.)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the grey one from River Island- it's gorgeous!:) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red coat has gone to the top of my hit list!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground