Pages

03.10.2014- Winter Haircare Heroes

Friday, 3 October 2014

I don't know about you, but at this time of the year I tend to get more than a little bit fed up with just about everything- call it hormones, call it Seasonal Affective Disorder, call it the Winter Blues- but the arrival of cooler temperatures, evenings drawing in and grey, gloomy mornings can make it pretty tricky to get motivated and keep on trucking. Despite being born in the depths of winter, over the last few years I've found myself absolutely hating the chillier months, particularly when battling my way to and from work on inevitably weather disrupted public transport, and resembling a White Walker every time I set foot outside. Harumph indeed. It's at this time of the year that I also tend to notice my skin and hair looking a little duller than normal, particularly as sunlight exposure time is seriously depleted and the central heating gets whacked up to full blast. Anyway, not wishing to be a negative Nora, I've decided that this winter I'm going to take some serious steps to avoid looking grey around the gills, and have been planning some serious pampering to get me through the next few months. Whilst I'm still shopping around for goodies like bath salts and winter skincare staples (as well as planning little treats like getting a haircut, having a massage and a facial!), I'm pleased to report that I think I've got my winter haircare heroes sussed:


Rahua Voluminous Shampoo (via Space NK) & Bumble and bumble Thickening Conditioner (via Boots).

I picked up this dream duo for my trip to Cambridge last month, and thought that they'd be the perfect basics to take into the Travelodge shower with me, particularly as the compact size made them perfect for throwing into my backpack. Rahua is a brand which is completely new to me, and I picked up this shampoo when I ordered some REN skincare and a new brush head for my Clarisonic from Space NK. If I'm honest, I added it to my basket for the sake of convenience (lazy, I know!) and I really wasn't expecting anything special; the promise of extra volume was something which completely passed me by to begin with, particularly as my hair is quite thick anyway. However, after only a few uses I was completely converted. 

Firstly, on a surface level, it smells absolutely incredible. Almost edible in fact. Secondly, this is a product which really delivers- packing some serious punch in the volume and bounce departments. 100% natural and 100% vegan, it also feels hugely nourishing, and after only a few shampoos I noticed a massive difference in the condition of my hair- for the first time in ages, it was able to hold a proper curl, and also had a lovely, healthy shine to it too. Definitely one which I'll be snapping up again I'm sure. Conditioner wise, I'm no stranger to Bumble and bumble, but haven't used any of their products for an absolute eternity. This mini conditioning treat was something which my hair was crying out for, and is a product which I'm sure I'll be reaching for again and again as the weather gets colder and my hair feels in need of some TLC.

What are your winter beauty essentials? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground