Pages

10.10.2014- Bookmark: The New York Times- 36 Hours, 125 Weekends in Europe

Friday, 10 October 2014

I don't know whether it's just that time of the year, but as winter descends I'm always filled with a serious sense of wanderlust and get really eager to book a holiday. Apart from my amazing trip to Morocco back in February, I haven't been able to get away anywhere else (first world problems, I know!), and the closest I've come to visiting anywhere exotic has been watching Simon Reeve's back catalogue on the TV. My last 'proper' holiday was back in 2012, so I'm determined that next year is going to be as travel orientated as possible, particularly as I'm drawing up a serious bucket list of dream destinations. With a serious case of itchy feet, I took the plunge and ordered a super special travel guide to help me plan away:

The New York Times- 36 Hours, 125 Weekends in Europe by Barbara Ireland

You might remember this book from a holiday style post which I put together back at the start of the summer, and not long after I featured it, it was safely ensconced within my excited (if somewhat Vitamin D deficient) palms. Jam packed with hundreds (if not thousands) of recommendations of the best places to visit in Europe, if you've got itchy feet but limited time then this is a definite must buy. The mini break was a phenomena which I hadn't fully bought into until I experienced it for myself, and if you're looking for the best tool to help you organise your time effectively, then this is perfect. Barbara Ireland's recommendations offer the perfect balance of must-visit tourist favourites and off the beaten track discoveries, and the guidebook is also ultra easy to navigate thanks to the handy maps and geographical sub divisions. So far my shortlist consists of Dubrovnik, Copenhagen, Barcelona and Dublin...but I'm sure there will be plenty of additions to come! 

Are you a guide book fan? Where have you visited recently? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Ah I'm dying to get my mitts on this!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read pretty much the whole book when I was in work - It's so good! I also read the latin america one which makes me want to go sometime next year!

    Travel buddy?

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds amazing, I need to get my hands on a copy!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground