Pages

16.11.2014- Great Boden in Bloom

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited along to the Boden SS15 Press Day. Now that we're in the midst of winter, the opportunity to pep up my day with a peek at lots of lovely new season pieces was a really welcome one, particularly as I'm a huge fan of the way that Boden theme their press days. This time around, the mood of the day was 'Great Boden in Bloom', with plenty of pretty florals and botanicals brewed up to evoke a perfect picture of springtime:


One of the first things which struck me as I made my way through the doors of Rook & Raven was the smell- with fragrant florals filling the air, it really was like I had taken a step into a garden in full bloom. As always, the styling of the location and the pieces was beautiful- with the botanical theme evoked through fresh flowers, vegetables and gorgeously green grass. My green fingered fancies were seriously indulged, as I found myself admiring the beautiful array of blooms and horticultural hallmarks almost as much as the array of pieces on display- particularly as the lovely ladies from Bloom & Wild were on hand with their signature bouquets!

From season to season, Boden always come up trumps with collections which offer wearable, everyday essentials alongside some more trend led designs. You might remember that their AW14 range really caught my eye thanks to the variety colour on display- and the same is true of the SS15 offering. As well as taking a more obvious theme and really running with it, this collection was punctuated by a series of standout pieces which conjure up bright summer days. Basic shirts are injected with a new sense of vibrancy thanks to an array of signature, eye-catching prints, and occasion wear offers a relaxed, comfortable, breezy feel with effortless shapes and the perfect balance of detail. Standout accessories come in the form of statement sunglasses, embellished bags and sandals which simply scream 'summer holiday'- and I for one am seriously sold!

A big thank you to Boden for the invitation- roll on SS15!

What do you think of this collection? Are you looking forward to spring?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I really love Boden stuff, they always have the most wonderful dresses!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Boden always looks so beautiful!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see summery clothes when its getting dark at 4pm! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground