Pages

18.11.2014- Birthday Wishing

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

As I mentioned when I rounded up my October in pictures, come the start of December I'll be turning the grand old age of 25. Perhaps not that much of a significant turn of events, but the quarter century is the last 'proper' birthday before I'll have to start behaving like a grown up, so I'm hoping to make the most of it. Although I'm a firm believer in the 'age is just a number' philosophy, 25 seems to be a bit of a milestone, particularly looking back on the last year and how much has changed- more on that to come, I'm sure. We all know that I'm a self confessed granny in waiting, so I'm pretty sure that my birthday celebrations will be anything but raucous, but I've definitely got my eye on a few pretty pieces which I think I'll be treating myself to: 

Bella Freud Ginsberg is God Jumper, £280, Harvey Nichols/Medium Eva Backpack, £450, Lulu Guinness, Sagittarius Charm Bangle, £50, Kate Spade/Kiss a Prince Infinity Studs, £40, Kate Spade/Kiss a Prince Infinity Pendant, £40, Kate Spade/Cosmic Carnival Pyjama Top, £118 and Bottoms, £98, Beautiful Bottoms/Molly Hatch Desk Clock, £22, Anthropologie/Kate Spade New York Book, £17, Amazon/Abacrombie Brogues, £165, Russell & Bromley/Monogram Crest Journal, £22, Anthropologie.

Now that #winteriscoming, my day to day wardrobe is pretty dominated by knitwear. Whilst I've amassed a sturdy selection of basics, over the last few years my head has been well and truly turned by Bella Freud's statement designs. Effortlessly chic and super cool, this is the sort of piece which is a real investment- and something which definitely falls under the sensible adult umbrella. I've been in the market for a 'grown up' bag for ages now too, and since picking up my most recent purchase from Warehouse, I've been well and truly converted to the backpack pack. There are some seriously stylish designs in the shops at the moment, and for sheer practicality alone they get a huge thumbs up from me. This Lulu Guinness design has been in my sights for a little while, as I love the slightly more structured, vintage inspired feel- making it technically two bags for the price of one- am I right?

With statement accessories on the brain, it will probably come as no surprise that I'm well and truly in love with yet more pieces from Kate Spade. Their UK online shop launched properly a few weeks ago, and since then I've been browsing morning, noon and night. This star sign bangle has birthday written all over it (such a great gift idea!), and these co-ordinating earrings and necklaces are simple, chic and subtle. It's probably a sign of my age that the prospect of a new set of pyjamas is secondary only on the excitement scale to someone offering to make me a cup of tea. Winter is all about duvet days and spending as much time in my pyjamas as possible- and this pair from Beautiful Bottoms are a prospect which is too tempting to resist. I know, I know- they're a little on the pricey side- but if you can't treat yourself when it's your birthday, then when can you? With all things sleep related on the brain- what better way to wake up than with this clock from Anthropologie? Ideal for easing you into the morning in style.

Another favourite winter pastime is snuggling up with a good book- and, looking forward, I'm determined that 2015 is the year that I get round to reading more. I can think of no better book to kick off with than Kate Spade's Places to Go, People to See- not only the perfect, vibrant antidote to the winter blues but also choc-full of travel inspiration. With resolutions on the brain, I've already promised myself that next year I'm going to try and write as much as possible- not only for here but also on some other ideas which I've got brewing and which have been on the back burner for far too long. The prospect of a monogrammed notebook from Anthropologie is definitely sealing the deal too! Finally, in my seemingly infinite quest for a pair of shoes which don't leak, I've finally come to the conclusion that a hardy pair of brogues seems to be the solution to my winter weather footwear faux pas- and these Russell & Bromley ones are a definite style staple in waiting.

Have you made any wishlists recently?

(Image credit: Harvey Nichols, Lulu Guinness, Kate Spade, Beautiful Bottoms, Anthropologie, Amazon and Russell & Bromley.)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about 25, it is nothing. Mind you, I felt the same at 25 (I'm now 30), but how I wish I was 25 again...

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground