Pages

09.12.2014- On the Menu: Afternoon Tea Bus Tour

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

When you think of London, what do you think of? Buckingham Palace, the Underground, Boris Bikes? I guarantee that one of the most familiar images which springs to mind is that of the iconic double decker Routemaster bus, perhaps one of the most instantly recognisable hallmarks of the capital. If you're a bit of a food fiend like myself, then perhaps you'll think of tea, finger sandwiches and a cornucopia of cakes- afternoon tea is, after all, one of my favourite pastimes to indulge in town. And now you're probably thinking how brilliant it would be if there was something which combined both of these London wonders into one experience. Well, look no further- thanks to BB Bakery, it's now possible to have afternoon tea on a bus! Last Wednesday, my mum and I were kindly invited aboard to sample the experience for ourselves- and we definitely weren't disappointed: 

Afternoon Tea Bus Tour, c/o BB Bakery

Hopping on board just a stone's throw away from Trafalgar Square, we speedily settled down with two steaming hot cups of Earl Grey- perfect for keeping the December chill at bay. As we meandered our way past London landmarks including the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, we indulged in delicately cut sandwiches, smoked salmon and mini quiche, as well as scones served with plenty of clotted cream and jam. Heading westward past the Royal Albert Hall and towards Notting Hill, we tucked into pretty patisserie, melt in the mouth macaroons, luscious lemon meringue pie and super sweet sponge cakes. 

The whole experience was a absolutely faultless- from the service to the food. I was really impressed with how well put together the menu was, with each individual element complementing the overall flavours perfectly. It was also lovely to experience some of London's most iconic landmarks from such a leisurely perspective, and if you're looking for a truly unique, ultra relaxing way to while away an afternoon, then I can't recommend the Afternoon Tea Bus Tour enough- I'm already planning a return visit!

What do you think of this idea?

I was kindly invited aboard the Afternoon Tea Bus Tour as a guest of BB Bakery. As always, my impressions and opinions (much like my love for tea and cake!) are 100% honest. 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. This looks like something that's right up my street, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this bus around once or twice and I love the concept, I can't wait to go on it with some family members, so they can get a glimpse of London while having afternoon tea!

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground