Pages

23.12.2014- Beauty Buys: For Festive Sparkle

Tuesday, 23 December 2014

At this time of the year, it can be pretty tricky to get on board with all of the festive sparkle if you're feeling a little bit run down and worn out. Personally, I think I've evolved something of an allergy to winter- in fact, as I type this, I'm curled up with my duvet, a box of tissues and all of the vitamin C which I can get my hands on. With lots of sniffles and shivers in the air, it can be a bit of a struggle to muster up the energy to tackle those Christmas parties and family shindigs head on, particularly if you (like me) are finding that winter is taking a bit of a toll on your complexion (in my case, so much so that my mum told me off for looking too pale only the other day...!) However, 'tis the season to be jolly after all, and with that in mind, I'd say it's definitely the time to treat yourself to a bit of a pamper too:

Essie Nail Polish in A Cut Above, Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum, Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil for Face, Body & Hair, Stella & Dot necklace. Wooden jewellery box from Essaouira. 

Chanel's iconic No.5 fragrance is a definite special occasion scent, and is a real treat if you're looking to be a little bit more indulgent with your getting ready regime over the festive break. A bottle usually sits on my dressing table all year round, but I'll only use it on special occasions- which is perhaps why the smell reminds me so much of Christmas! Twinkling talons are an essential festive hallmark, and Essie's A Cut Above is a lovely alternative to some of the more traditional shades in the shops- with the champagne pink adding the perfect finishing fizz to your festive outfit of choice, whether that be a special dress, Christmas jumper or just your pyjamas...(I wish!!!) Up until earlier in the year, I wasn't hugely convinced by body oils, but since picking up a stash of Argan Oil in Morocco, I've been well and truly converted. I don't know about you, but during the winter my skin really tends to dry out- and this Nuxe Multi Purpose Dry Oil has really helped in combating that. I tend to use it every other day after having a shower and it definitely makes a difference. Finally- an extra finishing touch in the shape of this super spangly necklace from Stella & Dot- perfect for special occasions, don't you think?

What are your festive beauty essentials?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground