Pages

02.01.2015- Beauty Buys: Winter Wonders

Friday, 2 January 2015

I feel like a bit of a broken record in the sense that I feel like I've been complaining about the fact that it's winter for an absolute eternity (Happy New Year by the way!), but this one really seems to be dragging its heels doesn't it? I'm already ticking off the days until the arrival of spring, when (fingers crossed!) a little bit more warmth will be headed our way, along with some much needed vitamin D- as well as the prospect of longer evenings and being able to make the most of the change in seasons. However, the chillier months are still with us for a little while yet, so as well as wrapping up warm in plenty of layers and digging out my faithful hats, scarves and gloves, I'll definitely be reaching for a selection of winter beauty wonders too...

Percy & Reed Wonder Balm, Vaseline Limited Edition Lip Therapy Queen Bee, Kiehl's Skin Rescuer, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Never Say Never, Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E

Anyone who knows me well will tell you that as fair as any sort of hairstyling goes, I'm about as low maintenance as it comes. Sometimes it's an ask to get me to drag a brush through my barnet (no joke), and I've never been someone who is all that skilled at perfecting any kind of 'look'. However, when the urge to get a little bit creative with some bobby pins and hairspray strikes, I instantly grab Percy & Reed's Wonder Balm. It's a good old protecting primer which I dollop on after washing my hair, and at this time of the year it really helps in guarding against frizz and that horrible straw-like texture which goes hand in hand with cranking up the central heating.

Next up, Vaseline. A beauty bag staple which I've been carrying around in one form or another since I was about 11 years old (it took pride of place in my secondary school blazer top pocket I'll have you know!) This limited edition Queen Bee formula is infused with honey- so perfect for injecting a little bit of a luxe touch into your everyday beauty routine- and it smells divine. If you're anything like me, winter tends to be a nightmare for your skin- and with a dull complexion I know I tend to feel a little bit down in the dumps. Step forward Kiehl's and their amazing skin rescuer, designed to minimise skin stress with lots of soothing, hydrating ingredients. I tend to reach for this a couple of times a week and have noticed a definite difference.

Although the weather outside may still be grey and gloomy, I'm a huge believer in using colour to pep up my mood (as well as my new sunlight alarm clock...more on that soon, I'm sure!) This velvet matte lip pencil from NARS came in the lovely Guy Bourdin set which I got as a birthday present last year, and Never Say Never is a lovely alternative to the abundance of reds which make up the majority of my lip colour collection. Finally, as well as perpetually forgetting to pack my umbrella in my bag (you use it, leave it out to dry and then don't remember it...it's a vicious cycle...!), I usually neglect my gloves too, which means that a) I tend to shove my hands in my pockets far too much and b) my mitts get really chapped and dry at this time of the year. Palmer's Cocoa Butter is one of my all time favourite go to products, and this little tube is especially formulated for those easy to forget areas, such as hands, elbows and knees. Definitely one to pop into your bag...along with that umbrella!

What are your winter beauty essentials?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Ah need to get my hands on the skin rescuer!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percy & Reed's Wonder Balm is a miracle worker! I love the look of that Nars pencil too, the perfect winter colour!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh the Kiehl's Skin Rescuer sounds fab and just what my skin needs. I'm a fan of anything by origins.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground