Pages

07.01.2015- New Year, New In: Whistles Wonders

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Having only gingerly dipped my toe into a spot of sales shopping over the last couple of weeks, I'm itching to invest in a few top quality treats ahead of the arrival of spring. Whilst it's no secret around these parts that I'm a little bit addicted to Whistles, I've been avoiding popping in store for the last couple of months in an attempt to save some pennies. However, with an annual wardrobe clear out just around the corner, I'm on the lookout for some new season pieces- and, as always, Whistles have come up trumps with a bounty of beautiful transitional treasures which are perfect for this inbetweeny time of the year: 

whistles
Asymmetric Crepe Midi Dress, £180/Tres Bien Merci Sweatshirt, £75/Striped Oversized Boxy T-Shirt, £65/Excusez-Moi Tee, £45/Dark Wash Boyfriend Jeans, £95/Mini Onslow Bucket Bag, £195/Ali Heavy Frame Sunglasses, £75/Cat Phone Case, £30/Mirabelle Watermelon Necklace, £45/Cracked Card Holder, £25, all Whistles

One of the most ubiquitous wardrobe essentials is undoubtedly the humble black dress. I've got a fair few of my own, and they're staples which I return to season after season, particularly if I find myself in the midst of an 'I've got nothing to wear!' panic. This midi design is super smart, with the asymmetric detailing adding a conscientiously cool modern touch. We all know that I'm a huge fan of the slogan sweatshirt, and this design has taken pride of place at the top of my wish list. It's the perfect new season style statement, and a definite must have for any weekend wardrobe. 

Looking ahead to spring, I'm probably far too excited about the prospect of swapping my knitwear for some warmer weather favourites. As far as transitional basics go, you can't go far wrong with the humble jersey, and this simple striped design is a really versatile piece, which could be styled in so many different ways. Another French flavoured favourite comes in the shape of this Excusez Moi tee- definitely a perfect purchase if you're planning on hopping across the channel this year. Some new jeans are also on my shopping list for the year ahead, and I'm determined to get a bit more adventurous in terms of which fits I opt for. This boyfriend pair are the ultimate in casual cool- and the perfect alternative to my staple (and much worn!) skinny cut styles.

Even if you're not planning a new year wardrobe detox, then there's definitely a lot to be said for pepping up some existing favourites with a selection of carefully curated accessories. This bucket bag is another instant classic, and absolutely ideal for carefree weekends. Investing in a new pair of sunglasses is essential if you (like me!) are pinning your hopes on the swift arrival of spring, and this statement style ticks all of the right boxes. If you've got some new technology from Santa which is waiting to be to accessorised,  then look no further than this cat phone case- because dressing up your gadgets is pretty fun too, right? Instead of carrying a watermelon à la Baby from Dirty Dancing, why not wear one instead? This delicately detailed pendant is a lovely bold touch to add a touch of character to some old wardrobe faithfuls. Finally, if you've resolved that 2015 is the year for organisation, pick up this card holder and say sayonara to a handbag full of clutter for good!

Which new season pieces have you got your eye on?

(Image credit: Whistles.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Whistles! Trying to avoid the store is like torture for me!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground