Pages

09.01.2015- Keep Me Running

Friday, 9 January 2015

If you're determined that 2015 is one which is going to be filled with fitness and healthy living, then the chances are that you'll have already hit the ground running (whether literally or metaphorically). I've posted in the past about how I came to love running, and three years later I can safely say that it's one of my favourite things to do- plus it's a brilliant mood free booster too. However, over the last few months, I've found it pretty tricky to keep up with it regularly- a combination of the winter weather, dark evenings and illness have meant that my routine has been a little bit all over the place (and, in the words of Miranda, I seem to have developed something of a spasm-y glute!) I've been switching up my activity by doing gentler bits and pieces of yoga, as well as some weight work- but one of my new year promises to myself was to get back into a more diligent regime, both in terms of running and other activity. At this time of the year, it can be pretty tricky to work up the motivation to do anything other than curl up indoors, but one of the things which really helps me is being properly prepared, and I'm kicking off the year with some pretty special new weapons in my exercise arsenal:

Active + Bluetooth Headphones and iTunes voucher, c/o Three.co.uk

For me, music is a massive motivator when it comes to gettin' up offa that thing. Whether I'm putting on my trainers to go for a run or tackling a new fitness challenge, being able to enjoy listening to some of my favourites tracks in the process is a must for helping to set the pace. These Active + Bluetooth earphones from Kit Sound are perfect as they fit really comfortably into my ears, reducing background noise and making sure they stay put for the duration. They're also sweat resistant (a massive plus!) and almost impossible to get tangled- which makes them pretty perfect in my book! Not only that, but the Bluetooth capability makes it easy to sync up to my iPhone music hands free. To see in the new year, I've also been using some new fitness apps, including the Nike Training Club, the 7 Minute Workout Challenge and Yoga Studio- and they've definitely proven to be fantastic at keeping me on my toes! 

What are your workout essentials? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. My workout essentials are literally just to not sit down when I get home or it'll all be downhill from there ;) so proud of you and your amazing running regime and ethic Faz, I've completely stopped with my running because there's just SO many people in my district in HK ): x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those headphones look great! A good playlist is essential for my marathon training, eep! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground