Pages

11.01.2015- Beauty Buys: Bobbi Brown Mini Eye Palette

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Oh January, January, January. I've tried. Believe me, I've tried- but I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that you and I are never going to be the best of friends. Battling through the post birthday/post Christmas and back to doing something other than sitting in front of the telly drinking tea and ploughing my way through a selection box blues has proved harder than usual this year, and, without wanting to wish my life away, can it be spring already??! There's just something about this time of the year which makes me do an internal 'ugh' every time I think about it (I'm sure I'm not the only one...), but in an attempt to cast a more optimistic light on things, I've been immersed in making plans and looking forward to brighter days (typically, however, as I type this, it's gloriously sunny outside..!) As well as injecting a burst of new season chic into my wardrobe with a couple of carefully curated purchases like those which I posted about last week, I've also been enjoying getting to grips with some new additions to my makeup bag- and one of my current go to favourties comes from none other than Bobbi Brown:
 
Bobbi Brown Mini Eye Palette, £26

If you're a regular around these parts, then you'll be well aware of the fact that I'm a Bobbi Brown fan girl. My day to day routine has been transformed since discovering their Creamy Concealer and Touch Up Stick, and just before my birthday last month, I popped into their newly opened, beautifully designed standalone store in Covent Garden- with the sole purpose of doing some lunchtime window shopping. However, not fifteen minutes later, I was making my way out of the store with this Mini Eye Palette in my grasp, and I've been using it fairly religiously ever since. It's essentially an octuplet of individual eye shadows, each of which can be used in various combinations or as simple standalone washes. With some neutral browns, pretty pinks and cooler grey hues, it's the perfect collection of subtle everyday colours, with a splash of sparkle thrown in if you're feeling bold. Not only that, but it's wonderfully compact- so would be ideal for packing in your carry on if you're heading away for a winter escape, and for the sheer handy factor alone, it's indispensable to me if I'm in a rush of a morning (which, let's be honest, is most of the time...!) 

Have you picked up any new beauty buys to perk up your January? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground