Pages

21.01.2015- What I Wore Today #211

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

I don't know about you, but one of the colours which the mere mention of January seems to conjure up in my mind is blue. In my case, largely blue fingers and toes thanks to the drop in temperature (brr!), but also blue in the sense that this time of the year really isn't my favourite (I promise I'll stop harping on about it soon!) Dark mornings, dark evenings, a purse which is crying out for some spare pennies (January, why so long?!!) and feeling a little bit run down really aren't helping things, but with only a few weeks to go until this most dreaded of months is behind us for another year, I'm seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Whilst I've spent most of my free time this month hibernating, over the weekend it seemed like a wise decision to make the most of the sunshine- and to keep the chill at bay, I reached for a seasonably suitable shade:

outfit18thjanuary
Coat- Topshop 
Jumper-Zara 
Jeans- American Apparel 
Shoes- Vans (via & Other Stories) 
Bag- c/o Atterley Road
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Sunglasses-ASOS

This coat was one of my few end of season sale purchases- I'd walked passed and gazed at it longingly in the window of Topshop on The Strand for a fair few months, so when I spied it had been reduced to over half price in their sale, I snapped it up in a heartbeat. The colour is a really lovely antidote to so many of the darker pieces which tend to make up my staple winter wardrobe, and the oversized duster style sits perfectly alongside my current relaxed, slouchy shapes of choice. Here I teamed it with some old faithfuls in the shape of my American Apparel jeans, and stripey Zara knit, alongside my new favourite bag from Atterley Road. These Vans are the latest addition to my footwear collection, and were only £20 in the & Other Stories sale- definitely a bargain which was too good to resist, especially as I've been after a plain pair for ages!

Have you picked up any bargains of late?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, the blue coat is so lovely!! <3

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat was such a good sale buy, bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coat is gorgeous, I really love the colour! January is dragging but it is nearly over (thank god!)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this coat - I'm always popping in to The Strand Topshop! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground