Pages

27.01.2015- Spring Shopping: Fresh Florals

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

In my book, you can't beat a burst of florals to welcome in the spring. Whilst, in the immortal words of Miranda Priestly, they may not be groundbreaking, there's no doubt that they're a real seasonal failsafe, and are perfect for pepping up transitional favourites too. One of my favourite things about the change in seasons is being able to rediscover some of my favourite prints at the back of my wardrobe, as well as browsing for some new key pieces in the shops and online. With brighter days and warmer weather (hopefully!) just around the corner, I've been eagerly keeping my eyes trained for the pick of the floral crop springing up- and so far I've found a real bounty of beautiful, botanically inspired pieces:

Poppy Print Jacket, £60, Warehouse/Flower Pussybow Blouse, £38, Topshop/Dutch Master Floral Print Trouser, £20, Oliver Bonas/Shadow Floral 2 in 1 Dress, £55, Oasis/Laura Mercier Cheek Melange, £32, Space NK/Winter Garden Navy Watch, £75, Olivia Burton/Hotpotch Trainers, £59, Boden/Blue Flower Statement Necklace, £28, Warehouse/Pretty Flower Ring, £6, Accessorize/Gardena Georgette Blouse, £70, Ganni/90s Black Floral Sweatshirt, £25, Rokit.
This poppy print jacket from Warehouse rocketed to the top of my wish list as soon as I saw it. Not only does it incorporate a really stylish, ultra modern long line, but the print is really unique and packs a punch without proving too overwhelming. It's also a really versatile investment, and ideal for styling with some simple tailoring, or with jeans for a slightly more relaxed feel. Much like the humble shirt, the basic blouse is another largely unsung wardrobe hero of mine, and this design from Topshop is simple, chic and sophisticated. I love the painterly feel of the print, and the subtle colourway makes it the perfect piece with which to bridge the gap between winter and spring in your wardrobe.

I've posted on countless occasions in the past about my love for the floral trouser- the many pairs in my collection are, without doubt, some of my most worn wardrobe staples. This pretty pattern from Oliver Bonas caught my eye in their sale- what an absolute steal! I'm already eyeing them up in preparation for the arrival of the warmer weather- it pays to be optimistic after all! In recent weeks I've also noticed that there's a definite gap in my wardrobe for some new season dresses- and this chic design from Oasis ticks all of the right boxes. I adore the sophisticated pattern and the shape is perfect for carrying through from winter.

With the arrival of spring, I'm sure I'm not the only one who reaches for some new season beauty buys. This gorgeous Laura Mercier palette is the perfect purchase if you're looking for a fresher face-and the floral theme is ultra pretty too. If you're looking for something slightly more subtle, then search no further than this lovely Olivia Burton watch- ideal for adding a splash of spring chic to your perennial style favourites. You might remember that back towards the end of last year, I fell in love with the bevy of botanical designs at Boden's SS15 press day. Whilst I'm waiting for some of my favourite pieces to appear online, I'm biding my time by pining away for these amazing printed trainers- an ideal purchase if you're looking for a practical punch of colour to see out these dull winter days in style- and perfect if you're always on the go. If you can't quite bring yourself to bid farewell to some of your woollen warmers just yet, then adapting them for the transition into spring with some key accessories couldn't be easier. This gorgeous statement necklace from Warehouse offers an instant update to your wardrobe staples, and this pretty pink ring from Accessorize is a lovely subtle touch, don't you think?

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is eagerly anticipating the arrival of warmer days if only to be able to leave the house without being wrapped up in layer upon layer. This Ganni blouse just screams out for 'no coat' days, and the delicate print is a really refreshing change from so many of the darker, solid block colours which make up the majority of my winter wardrobe. Definitely one which I'm adding to my shopping list! Finally, if you're after something unique and full of character, look no further than this vivid sweatshirt from Rokit- the perfect purchase to make now if you really can't wait for spring. 

Are you looking forward to waving goodbye to winter? 

(Image credit: Warehouse, Topshop, Oliver Bonas, Oasis, Space NK, Olivia Burton, Boden, Accessorize, Ganni and Rokit.)

1 comment:

  1. I am literally counting down the days until spring and I think that grey dress might have my name on it! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground