Pages

31.01.2015- Beauty Buys: L'Oréal Paris Color Riche Pure Red

Saturday, 31 January 2015

Last day of January klaxon!!!! At long last, here we are at what seems to have been one of the longest months ever, am I right?! In the midst of Blue Monday this and Dry January that, it's easy to feel a bit overwhelmed by the start of the year, particularly if you've been drawing up lists of resolutions as long as your arm and subsisting on a combination of quinoa, kale and goji berries on rotation. Not wishing to sound like a negative Nancy, but let's be honest- January is a pretty grim old test, but we've survived and I think I can just about see a spring shaped light at the end of the tunnel (amidst a flurry of snowflakes of course..!) Anyway, with instant mood boosting in mind- and as a thrifty end of the month treat to myself, I picked up a new beauty buy which is well and truly helping to keep those pesky (and much written about, sorry!) winter blues at bay:

L'Oréal Paris Color Riche Pure Red, Julianne's Pure Red
I spied these new L'Oréal lipsticks when they were launched towards the end of last year, but in the midst of Christmas present shopping and in an attempt to be a little more restrained with my spending, held off looking at them more closely for fear I'd splurge on the whole collection at once. In this instance, patience definitely paid off, and I picked up Julianne's Pure Red with a couple of pounds off- result! My makeup collection is fit to bursting with lip products, but this offers something a little bit different- a bold pop of colour which is perfectly formulated for people who are, like me, a little on the pale side. Unlike a couple of other reds in my makeup bag, this doesn't wash me out at all, and the formula is really long wearing without being drying. More than that, it's also reaffirmed to me just how important a good bit of colour can be in providing a perfect, pronto pick me up- something which I'll be touching on again in a post next week!

Are you a fan of red lipstick?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Julienne's red but I did try Blake's. Its like a really beautiful true true red! :)
    The formula is lush isn't it?
    You can see mine here if you want:https://hollyreed.squarespace.com/prettifyy/2015/1/review-loral-colour-riche-lipstick-in-blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing this up for ages, I may have to purchase come payday!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground