Pages

06.02.2015- Most Wanted: Winter Brights

Friday, 6 February 2015

Although things are still on the chilly side, there's (hopefully) only a little bit of winter left to endure before the arrival of spring and the optimism which the new season brings with it. I for one cannot wait for the opportunity to defrost, and also to spruce things in the style stakes as I'm getting seriously sick of living in the same assortment of woolly jumpers on rotation. With the shift in seasons, I'm determined to inject a few splashes of vibrant colour into my wardrobe, and as I touched on in my post from the weekend, am a huge believer in the power of colour as an instant mood booster. As such, I've got a spectrum of shades on my radar at the moment:

winterbights

Cashmere Off Duty Jumper, £199, Boden/Ines Cotton Printed Short Sleeve Tea Dress, £39.90, Uniqlo/Kilburn Pink Swan Fluffy Jumper, £65, Dahlia/Waterfall Mac, £75, ASOS/Ribbed Beanie, £12.99, Zara/Kimono Sleeve Top, £29.99, Zara/Smudge Print Clutch, £45, Whistles/Isabella Winged Tote Bag, £25, Accessorize

This knit from Boden is a real wish list favourite of mine at the moment, and the vivid colour is the perfect tonic to the chilly temperatures which we're experiencing at the moment, don't you think? Definitely one worth saving your pennies for. I realise that it might be a little bit early in the year to be picking out summer dresses, but I'm a firm believer in being prepared- and am determined to snap up this beauty from Ines de la Fressange's latest Uniqlo collection before it sells out completely- if only to look at it longingly until the thermometer nudges above the zero degree mark.

With transitional practicality in mind, this gorgeous pastel knit from Dahlia is an ideal investment to see you through to the spring. Perfect for layering over a simple shirt or pairing with a statement necklace- and the swan motif adds a lovely touch of character. Although I'm longing for the day when I can leave the house without a coat, I have a funny feeling that such a momentous occasion will be something of a long way off yet- so until then I've got my gaze firmly fixed on some lighter spring alternatives. This pastel blue piece from ASOS has been sitting in my shopping basket for a fair few weeks now- and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it turns up in my wardrobe.

I've been living in hats over the last couple of weeks, and am definitely planning on investing in a few more before the winter is out- at the top of my list is this bold pink one from Zara- the perfect pick me up to put a smile on my face as I leg it out of the door at goodness knows what time of the morning. Speaking of Zara, I'm well and truly back on board after avoiding their dark, moody winter collection towards the end of last year- and after having a good old browse in store the other day, am already planning on snapping up the cream of their new season crop once I've pooled my pound coins. This coral blouse caught my eye from a distance and I think it's a real investment buy...and (dare I say) a prospective holiday purchase?

If you're after a few more subtle injections of colour, then there are some essential eye catching accessories in the shops at the moment to experiment with. This gorgeous printed clutch from Whistles really stands out from the crowd and is a pretty, practical investment piece which would instantly jazz up basic block colours. Finally- we all know that I can never resist a good handbag- and you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with this peppy pop of pink from Accessorize.

Have you invested in any winter brights?

(Image credit: Boden, Uniqlo, Dahlia, ASOS, Zara, Whistles and Accessorize.)

1 comment:

  1. OK, I now need that jumper and tea dress!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground