Pages

16.02.2015- Beauty Buys: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil

Monday, 16 February 2015

Over the years, my eyebrows and I have had a somewhat topsy turvy relationship. From the early, unkempt, wouldn't look out of place in a Marx brothers film combination, to the over-plucked, tadpole like twins which adorned my face during secondary school, we've been through pretty much every extreme that there is. After discovering a pair of tweezers when I was about 13, it's fair to say that I got a little bit carried away- as I think most overzealous teenagers tend to when you're confronted with the possibility of being able to change your appearance without going to the extreme of reaching for a bottle of hair dye or getting a tattoo. Okay, perhaps they're not exactly the same, but if you struggled with some serious caterpillar brows like I did, then I'm sure you'll understand the overwhelming temptation which tweezing presents. So, suffice it to say that I was left with very sparsely defined brows by the time the end of school approached- something which, in hindsight, was a definite grooming gaffe on my part. Now, a fair few years later, I've managed to get back a lot of the shape which I lost (seriously, does anyone else think that tweezers should come with a public health warning??!), and only get plucking when things are looking a little bit unkempt. I've also come across a pretty special (not so secret!) weapon which is an absolute dream in helping to define things a little bit more clearly:

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil, £26, Space NK

Before I started using this, I was more than a little bit skeptical about how essential an eyebrow pencil was, but now I think it's pretty safe to say that I wouldn't be without it. It's perfect for just adding a little bit more emphasis to the natural shape and contour of the brow, and the colour matching (I'm soft brunette) is pretty spot on too. For someone who is as clumsy as I am, it's also really easy to handle, and the shaping of the pencil itself makes it more or less impossible to be too heavy handed. I reach for this most mornings, just to fill in a few gaps here and there, and to give my browns a little bit more definition. The brush is also a real bonus, ideal for teasing out the otherwise tricky to tame on bleary-eyed mornings!

Have you tried any eyebrow products?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great - I can't not define my brows now, it makes such a difference even when not wearing a lot of other make-up. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground