Pages

22.02.2015- Spring Favourites

Sunday, 22 February 2015

With the arrival of spring hopefully just a whisper away, my thoughts are once again turning to welcoming the new season with open arms. As I'm typing this, I'm dosed up on Nurofen and surrounded by tissues as I've once again come down with another cold, so I'll be glad to see the back of the chilly weather in favour of some much needed Vitamin D and overall 'getting better' time- something which always feel like so much less of a battle when the days are longer and the sun sticks around for more than five fleeting minutes. Anyway, in anticipation of things getting a little bit brighter, I've been reaching for some spring-themed favourites:


Chanel's  Coco Mademoiselle perfume has been a favourite of mine since I tried my first bottle when I was about sixteen years old. Whilst it's totally terrifying that that occasion is almost ten years ago (!!!), my love for the scent still remains as strong as it was on day one- although now it's become more of a special treat than something to spritz every day. The light floral notes are perfect for spring, and, for me, it's a scent which is synonymous with a sense of happiness and optimism- soppy, I know, but that's one of the most powerful things about perfume, don't you think? Painting my nails is one of those things which I never seem to find enough time to get round to on a regular basis, but with lighter evenings on the horizon, I'm hoping it's something which I can find a spare moment or two for. Essie's Lilacism remains one of my favourite shades, and there's something about the lovely pale pastel hue which fits in perfectly with a spring colour palette year after year.

Believe it or not (I know I don't!), this weekend marks the one year anniversary of my trip to Essaouira, Morocco with some of my favourite blogging ladies. I'm sure I've posted more than enough about my undying love for the culture, the food and everything about the trip- including discovering Argan Oil and becoming well and truly converted. Over here, it's once again very much in the realms of treat territory (why so pricey?!!), so I've been looking for some other beauty buys with which to bridge the gap- and Ren's Moroccan Rose Otto Body Lotion fits the bill perfectly. Not only is it beautifully fragranced, but it's also ideal for combating winter skin woes too. Finally, a little update for my phone in the shape of this gorgeously designed case from Rifle Paper Co- needless to say, I can't wait for the garden to look as bloomin' colourful!

Have you dug out any spring favourites of late?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I love Ren's Rose Otto range, especially when its so grim and grey outside! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie have THE nicest shades!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty phone case, let's go on holidaaaaayyyyy x

    Bow Dream Nation

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground