Pages

17.03.2015- What I Wore Today #214

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Whilst I don’t think that my day-to-day wardrobe is dominated by trends too much these days, sometimes there are a few stylish drops in the shops which really catch my attention. Over the last few years or so, I’ve developed what I like to think is a pretty dynamic collection of clothing, and it’s quite rare that I’ll actively seek out a ‘must-have’ piece, preferring to invest my pennies in items which I know will tie in well with what I’ve already got stashed away. However, over the last few weeks, I’ve developed a serious penchant for all things denim- one of this season’s essential investments. As I type this, I’m bedecked in double denim and drawing up a wish list of the pieces which I’ll be coveting until payday, and the wonderfully warm temperatures a few weekends ago provided the perfect opportunity to give my first essential spring purchase an outing:

outfit15thmarch
Dress- Miss Selfridge 
Coat- c/o Very.co.uk 
Shoes- Converse c/o JD Sports 
Sunglasses- c/o Next 
Bag- c/o Atterley Road 

This dress is never normally the sort of piece which I’d plump for, as usually I find that structured styles like this tend to be quite tricky to pull off. However, after seeing this denim number from Miss Selfridge splashed all over the newspapers and Instagram, I tracked one down and am so happy I managed to get my hands on it. Although I tend to live in jeans during the week (and pyjamas at the weekend!), I always forget just how easy and versatile denim is to style, and this piece is really simple yet super chic. Tapping into the 70s vibez which are in the air at the moment (another trend which I am well and truly on board with!), I teamed it with my camel coat and some amazingly comfortable new Converse from JD Sports. These ones are leather, so slightly more hardwearing than my much-loved, much-worn fabric faithfuls and an ideal staple for the transition into spring. Bring. It. On! 

Have you picked up any spring essentials yet? And which trends will you be tapping into this season?

P.S Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 (Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. LOVELY :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you look super stylish Saz? Loving this dress on you!
    Sophie
    x

    Story Of A Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress. I am mostly oblivious to trends now but definitely want a denim dress for spring! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! You look amazing. Absolutely love this blue dress.
    House Cleaners Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground