Pages

27.03.2015- What I Wore Today #215

Friday, 27 March 2015

I'm genuinely not sure when we can start saying that it's definitely spring (is it Sunday? I'm sure it's Sunday??!) and it seems like the Great British default setting of not wanting to jinx things has got us all holding our breath in anticipation of a) being able to leave the house without a coat and b) a guarantee of it not snowing in April again like it did a few years ago. As I type this, I'm bundled up with a blanket and a few layers of thermals, so perhaps we can't quite claim victory against the winter weather just yet, but there has definitely been more than a hint of the new season in the air over recent weeks- I'm talking sunny days, trees in bloom, you get the idea. The brighter days have definitely encouraged me to have a rummage through my wardrobe in search of some bolder pieces, and a few weekends back I made the most of the unexpected warm spell to give a fairly recent purchase a much deserved outing:

outfit22ndmarch
Dress- Vintage (via Beyond Retro) 
Coat- c/o Very 
Boots- Urban Outfitters 
Bag- c/o Atterley Road 
Sunglasses- ASOS

This dress from Beyond Retro has become such a staple for me over the last few months- one of those amazing (and all too rare!) impulse purchases which actually pays off! Needless the say the vivid pattern was what caught my eye in the first instance, but the subtle 60s inspired shape is perfect too- and ultra easy to wear. Not only that, but it's really warm, so has proved an absolute essential this winter, particularly as the punch of pink is the perfect antidote to so many of the darker pieces in my wardrobe (and, more than that, co-ordinates with the blossom bedecking the trees at the moment!) They just don't make 'em like this anymore, do they? Here essential accessories came in the shape of my Atterley Road backpack (which I'm now more or less surgically attached to!) and oversized ASOS sunglasses. I'm also grinning from ear to ear after having finally rediscovered my suede desert boots from Urban Outfitters in the depths of my wardrobe during a sort out- sometimes it's the little things, isn't it?!

Are you looking forward to the beginning of spring?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. The cherry blossoms are soooo gorgeous!!! LOVVVE your camel coat and pink dress! Stunning babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit - the dress is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, that dress is beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when you step outside, only to find out your dress matches the spring blooms? Because I do.

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground