Pages

30.03.2015- Interior Inspiration

Monday, 30 March 2015

I don't know whether it's a sign of me getting older, but whereas I used to look forward to weekends flitting hither and thither, recently I've found myself craving some quality time at home. Don't get me wrong, I love planning days out and catching up with friends (usually over some delicious grub), but sometimes a girl just needs to schedule in some quality pyjama time, know what I mean? For me, weekends at home are usually reserved for some serious box set binging, as well as tacking life admin and an occasional bit of baking. Over the last few weeks (and in preparation for spring!), I've also been having a bit of a declutter, sprucing up my room with some new additions to brighten things up. Inspired by plenty of time spent on Pinterest, I've picked up some lovely new bits and bobs which are adding a breath of fresh air to my space:

From top: Swan trinket dish, Oliver Bonas, Olivia Burton Watch/Rifle Paper Co. calendar, Kate Spade pen pot, Sloane Stationery notebook/V&A postcard, Wilko frame.

Anyone who knows me well will happily tell you that I've got enough jewellery to open my own shop, so I'm always on the lookout for dainty little trinket dishes and boxes to keep all of my favourite pieces stashed away safely. This swan shaped piece is from Oliver Bonas, and it's become a real favourite- I love how elegant it is, and it's a perfect statement ornament to have on my dressing table. Not only that, but it complements my Olivia Burton watch pretty well too!

Since the start of the year, I've made a concerted effort to get a little bit more organised in life- and have been putting pen to paper far more frequently than I used to, whether that be jotting down to-do lists or potential blog posts as and when they start brewing in my brain. I've had this Sloane Stationery notebook for a little while now, and the simple, sophisticated design means it tends to be one of the first things which I reach for when I need to get scribbling. I don't have a particularly dedicated workspace in my room, but a little corner of my dresser is given over to some planning paraphernalia, including this lovely Rifle Paper Co. desk calendar which was a present from Sarah. Not only is it indispensable in helping me to try and plan my weeks, but I'm also holding on to the prints to pop them in frame as they are just so pretty. This pen pot is also a rather recent purchase from Kate Spade, and it's exactly the kind of thing I was after to keep everything neat and tidy. They've got some seriously stylish homeware in at the moment, so well worth having a browse if you're in the mood to spruce things up.

Finally, I'm a great believer in the power of small details making a big impact, and one of my favourite things to do is collect prints and postcards to pop into frames. After visiting Savage Beauty a few weeks ago, it seemed only fitting to alternate some of my usual favourites with some stunning McQueen themed shots from the V&A shop, and these frames from Wilko are only few pounds each- so ideal if you want to switch things up for spring on a shoestring.

What are your favourite interior pieces?  

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I love that swan jewellery holder! Oliver Bonas has the best homeware. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swan dish is GORGEOUS! I knew I shouldn't have left Oliver Bonas! Haha!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground