Pages

30.04.2015- Beauty Buys: Spring Pinks

Thursday, 30 April 2015

As I've mentioned a few times in previous posts, the arrival of spring is not only a great excuse to have a bit of a wardrobe detox, but it also presents the perfect opportunity to overhaul some of your beauty staples too. During the winter months I tend to completely neglect some of my favourite colour cosmetics in favour of supplementing my skincare routine, but now that temperatures finally seem to be on the up again I've been getting to grips with some dreamy seasonal shades. Experimenting with a pale palette, I've been reaching for some subtle lip hues which come with the added bonus of being perfectly practical too:

Nars Lip Pencil in Sex Machine, Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, Stila Lip Glaze in Watermelon, Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in English Rose.

Regular readers will know that I'm a huge fan of Nars (heads up that the Christopher Kane collection will be available exclusively in Selfridges from tomorrow!), and this lip pencil is a real spring staple. Although the shade is titled Sex Machine (cheeky!), it's really rather demure, with the matte effect lending the perfect subtle finish. Not only that, but it's brilliantly long lasting too. If you're after something slightly more moisturising, then you can't go far wrong with Revlon's Colour Burst Lip Butter formulations. Sweet Tart, pictured here, may look a little bit saccharine at first glance, but the colour carries really well, particularly if you're looking for a good halfway house between a pale pink and deeper, more fuschia tinged hue. The gloss effect also ensures that it's really moisturising too- so a big thumbs up from me on that score! 

If gloss is more your weapon of choice, then you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with Stila's much loved lip glazes. This pale pink shade is Watermelon, and it's a great everyday basic to pop into your makeup bag for some more low maintenance touch ups.  Finally, I posted about these Max Factor Colour Elixir lipsticks last summer, but they are such perennial favourites that this post seemed like the perfect opportunity to wax lyrical about them again. English Rose is one of my favourites, especially as the pearlescent finish is perfect for a more natural, lightwearing spring look.

What are your spring make up essentials?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. The Lip Butter looks like a lovely shade - maybe one for my US list where it might be cheaper and I'll feel less bad about buying another thing I don't really need! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nars have the nicest lipsticks, I really want to try some more of them!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, I'm all about the brights in the summer, but I could definitely use a few of your more neutral lippies. So, when are we going shopping?

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground