Pages

08.05.2015- What I Wore Today #218

Friday, 8 May 2015

Negotiating this unpredictable weather is proving something of a challenge, don't you agree? Whilst I spent the majority of last week bundled up in one of my favourite (and warmest!) winter coats, I'm sure I'm not the only one itching to fully embrace the arrival of spring- although the chill in the air is making that pretty tricky at the moment! Having said that, sometimes all you can do is bite the bullet and pack away those winter warmers in the hope that optimistic dressing will encourage the temperatures to pick up a little bit, and over the Bank Holiday weekend I found myself reaching for some trusty spring staples to team with some new favourites:

outfit3rdmayoutfit3rdmay4
Coat- Cos 
Denim Shirt- Cos 
Trousers- ASOS 
Shoes- Vans (via & Other Stories) 
Sunglasses- c/o Warehouse 
Bag- c/o Atterley Road

You might remember that I picked up this coat from Cos last spring, and it's an investment which I'm so glad I made. It's such a simple piece but one which I reach for when I want to pep up some of my more understated wardrobe staples, and the pretty pink hue never fails to put a smile on my face. Here I layered it over my much loved denim shirt, also from Cos, a purchase which has more or less been on a constant rotation since I picked it up towards the end of last year- it's just the perfect basic, and a dreamy way to channel the current penchant for denim without being too much of a trendy Wendy. These ASOS trousers were also a pre-Christmas purchase, and although they didn't stand up too well to the chilly December weather (#coldankles), they are absolutely ideal for spring. Feeling a little bit more co-ordinated than usual, here I accessorised with my Atterley Road backpack and Vans, as well as a new pair of sunglasses from Warehouse- perhaps a little bit preemptive in the absence of any distinguishable sunshine, but nothing ventured nothing gained, eh?!

Oh, and this super snazzy Donald Robertson/Drawbertson backdrop is in Floral Street- definitely worth a look if you're in the area!

Have you been rediscovering any spring staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground