Pages

11.05.2015- Blooming Buys

Monday, 11 May 2015

As I mentioned in my post at the start of the month, in a few weeks I'll be heading to the Chelsea Flower Show! I've never been before, but having had such a lovely time at the Hampton Court Show last year, when tickets for Chelsea went on sale this time around I made a point of snapping some up. I'm also really looking forward to exploring Chelsea in Bloom a little bit more this year, and have been eagerly shopping around for some appropriately floral themed essentials. Although the bulk of my wardrobe consists of prints, there's an abundance of new season garden inspired designs in the shops at the moment, and I think it's safe to say that a fair few have caught my eye:

bloomingbuys
Floral Reef Printed Tee, £35, French Connection/Gold Tone Flower Front and Back Earrings, £7, River Island/Kaleidoscope Floral Print Silk Dress by Boutique, £90, Topshop/Watercolour Wide Leg Trousers, £36, Warehouse/Olivia Burton Flower Show Midi Dial Watch, £65, ASOS/Soludos Pineapple Espadrilles, £55, Belle & Bunty/3D Flower Bando, £22, Accessorize/Lily & Lionel Blossom Scarf, £110, Whistles/Watering Can Clutch, £270, Kate Spade/Flowerpot Cross Body Bag, £270, Kate Spade

How amazing is this French Connection tee? The vibrant print is perfect for summer, and I can imagine it proving a dream holiday essential too. Or, if you're yet to book an exotic getaway, teaming it with some staple denim would work just as well. If you're looking for something more subtle, then these simple drop earrings from River Island are ideal for tapping into the trend, and definitely won't break the bank either. I have to confess that it's been a little while since my last foray into Topshop territory, but after having a browse online last weekend I was really pleasantly surprised by what they had on offer. Not only are they seriously knocking 70s chic out of the park (as evidenced by lovely Liv's recent post!), but they've also got some super pretty spring styles in too- and this printed dress is one of my favourite discoveries. The sorbet shades are absolutely perfect for seeing you through the summer, and I love the 60s inspired shape too. Definitely one to whack onto my wishlist, eh?!

Regular readers of my rambles will be well aware that I'm a huge fan of the printed trouser, and I've got a sneaking suspicion that this striking pair from Warehouse will be winging their way into my wardrobe before too long. I love the contrasting colours and they're the perfect versatile investment, particularly as they'd be so easy to style in so many different ways. Returning to accessories, you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with a piece from Olivia Burton, and this new season design is already a real favourite. The pretty floral design is just perfect for this time of the year, don't you think?

For me, embracing the change in seasons is all about comfort as much as tacking some new trends, so these Soludos Espadrilles from Belle & Bunty are essentially a dream come true. I know, I know, pineapples don't strictly fall under the floral umbrella, but they're wonderfully vibrant and an ideal summer holiday purchase- #teampineapple for life! Speaking of summer holidays, if you're jetting off somewhere tropical or are just looking forward to festival season, then definitely hot-foot it down to Accessorize- they've got an array of amazing flower themed must-haves in at the moment, including this gorgeous layered bando.

If you're feeling slightly more practical (and ever mistrustful of the prospect of the weather not playing ball!), then this Lily & Lionel scarf from Whistles is a real essential. The blossom print is ideal for injecting a splash of spring sentiment into an everyday outfit, and once the summer has departed (sob!), it would be a brilliant staple to see you through to the autumn as well. Finally, a recent trip to Kate Spade in Covent Garden had me falling head over heels in love with everything from their spring selection of styles, not least these incredible handbags! Not only are they full of character, but they instantly conjure up a sense of summer evenings and pottering in the garden- which, for me, is the dream! Now I'm just struggling to decide which one to add to my shopping list!

Have you picked up any pretty printed pieces recently?

(Image credit: French Connection, River Island, Topshop, Warehouse, ASOS, Belle & Bunty, Accessorize, Whistles and Kate Spade.)

4 comments:

  1. Completely obsessed with those Kate Spade handbags! I vote we get matching pineapple espadrilles Bert. MISS U x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags are so cute, what fun!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks like it'd get on well with the rest of my wardrobe! x
    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are so so gorgeous!! I wish I could get away with wearing such bold clothing


    Casey - ATopsyTurvyBlog

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground