Pages

18.05.2015- What I Wore Today #219

Monday, 18 May 2015

Although I'm a massive fan of pretty prints and bold shades for spring and summer, sometimes you really can't beat going back to basics with a bit of monochrome magic, can you? When I'm having a bit of a 'what to wear' wardrobe panic, the chances are that you'll normally find me reaching for some basic black and white pieces, especially with the weather proving so unpredictable at the moment. I don't know about you, but I tend to find that there's something quite reassuring about taking things back to basics, and over recent weeks I've found myself more or less living  in some failsafe favourites:

outfit9thmay
Jacket- Zara
Top- Whistles (via House of Fraser)
Jeans- Miss Selfridge
Shoes- Vans (via & Other Stories)
Bag- c/o Atterley Road

This top from Whistles had been on my radar for a little while, so when I spotted that it had some money off at House of Fraser a few weeks back, I snapped it up in a flash. It's exactly the kind of piece which my wardrobe has been missing, and is just as ideal for styling with some more formal favourites as with some jeans, as I did here. This pair are another recent purchase from Miss Selfridge- not somewhere I'd usually investigate for denim, but their latest drop is perfect and ultra comfortable (cue me picking up multiple pairs at once!!) Keeping things simple, I added one of my favourite failsafe jackets from Zara and topped things off with some surprisingly co-ordinated bag and footwear action!

What are your favourite monochrome pieces?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. FAbbbulous outfit!!! Love how you put it with a white knapsack!!! COOOOL babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground