Pages

20.05.2015- Skirty Style

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

If you've been tuned in to the trend radar recently, then you'll undoubtedly be well aware of the resurgence of the skirt in the style stakes. Day to day, I tend to be more of a trouser devotee for largely practical purposes, but as the slightly warmer weather looks like it's going to be with us for a little while yet, I'm definitely starting to re-evaluate my wardrobe allegiances. My pleated skirt from Whistles has been a real failsafe since I picked it up well over two years ago, and last summer was a piece which I more or less lived in. With fingers crossed in anticipation of rising temperatures, I've been on the lookout for some prospective purchase to add to my collection:

skirtystyle
Suede Straight Skirt, £199, Marks and Spencer/Denim Pencil Skirt, £30, Warehouse/Boutique Silk Marigold Slip Skirt, £65, Topshop/Button Through Pencil Skirt, £35, Miss Selfridge/Calf Length Skirt, £39.99, H&M

First up- the much hyped suede number from M&S which finally landed online last week. It's a real winner for tapping into all things 70s inspired, and from a practical perspective I'm sure it would prove something of a failsafe for the approach of autumn and winter too. I loved the slightly high waisted fit and pocket detailing, so if you're still on the hunt for that 'must-have' piece for this season, then keep your eye firmly fixed on the M&S website as I'm sure it won't stick around forever! If you're embracing all things denim this season, then you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with this pencil skirt from Warehouse- who are delivering an amazing selection of pieces for spring and summer, don't you think? At £30 it's one of those purchases which won't break the bank but which will pay dividends in the long run as this is such a versatile style- whether teamed with a basic tee, printed blouse or lighter cami for the summer- I can imagine it being a real long term investment.

If print is more your cup of tea for the summer, then I'd recommend having a browse in Topshop as they've got some really pretty designs in at the moment, not least this marigold inspired piece from their Boutique range. Something like this is a must-have if you're heading off on holiday, or if you've got a special event in your diary- with the A-line shape adding a slightly more formal feel. With something slightly more everyday on the brain, this button-through style from Miss Selfridge  is perfect for spring, with the pale blue hue hinting at sunny days with no tights required- the best kind, am I right? The bow detail also adds a slightly retro touch which I love too- ideal if you're determined to tap into some vintage inspired summer vibes. Finally, this monochrome piece from H&M caught my eye when I was having a little browse of some of their new bits and pieces last week- and if you're after a simple summer skirt to wear to the office, then this has got to rocket to the top of your shopping list!

Have you picked up any summer skirts yet?

(Image credit: Marks and Spencer, Warehouse, Topshop, Miss Selfridge and H&M.)

2 comments:

  1. These skirts are gorgeous, you would look amazing in that button up one!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I adore that Topshop button down one.

    www.Jasrocksout.blogspot.com

    Jasmine x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground