Pages

01.06.2015- Beauty Buys: My Chanel Lipsticks

Monday, 1 June 2015

Although my day to day make up routine is more focused on speed and not poking myself in the eye with a mascara wand in a mad rush, there are a few staple products which I can rely on as absolute failsafes- and which take a matter of seconds to apply. In the same way that I'm sure I'll be devoted to Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser for life, I'm yet to find a better selection of everyday lipsticks than those Chanel ones which take pride of place in my makeup bag. Since I picked up my first one a few years ago I've become a complete convert, and although they're a tad more expensive than the run-of-the-mill drugstore offerings, they are an investment which is well worth making- particularly if you're super strapped for time first thing in the morning and are looking for a hassle free pop of complexion-enhancing colour:

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Espirit, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in L' Exuberante and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy

My first ever Chanel makeup purchase was a lipstick from their Rouge Coco Shine collection- the emblematic shade Boy, which has since become a real makeup bag staple. The pale pink hue makes it an absolutely ideal everyday shade, and it's gorgeously subtle without being at all drying. After being well and truly converted, I treated myself to a slightly more statement shade in the shape of Espirit, a burgundy red which remains a go-to favourite for those days when I'm looking for a pop of easy to apply (and reapply!) colour. Finally, a few birthdays ago my dream team buddies treated me to a Rogue Allure Velvet lipstick- L' Exubrante is a vivid pink which is as perfect for an understated, long-lasting finish as it is for building into one seriously punch-packing pout!

Are you a fan of Chanel lipsticks?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any Chanel lipstick myself, but they really do make the best presents, don't they? I love their lip glosses though!


    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Chanel lipstick but these shades are gorgeous, particularly L' Exubrante!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground