Pages

10.06.2015- What I Wore Today #221

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Although the arrival of summer usually sees me delving headfirst into my wardrobe to pick out an array of pretty prints and bold block colours, sometimes it's nice to take a step back and mix things up a little bit. A few weeks or so ago, I posted about gravitating towards some monochrome essentials, and suffice it to say that I've found myself doing more of the same on a more or less constant rotation since. There's just something so straightforward about teaming contrasting black and white basics, and the combination has become something of a go-to for me over recent weeks, particularly if I've found myself stretched for time of a morning (as is always the way!) or fancy styling something simpler for summer:

outfit5thjune2
Jacket- Zara
Dress- Zara
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Adidas (via Urban Outfitters)
Sunglasses- Topshop c/o Westfield London
Bag- c/o Atterley Road

This dress is a piece which had been tormenting me in the window of the (newly refurbished!) Covent Garden Zara for a fair few weeks, so when payday arrived it was something which I made a beeline for. The print really stands out and it's also a lovely addition to my wardrobe- a piece which can be dressed up or down for lots of different occasions. Here (for a weekend brunch date with Lily and Hannah!), I teamed it with some comfortable casual favourites, sticking to a contrasting colour palette once again...I promise that there will be some spring shades on the way soon!

Have you got any favourite summer pieces?

(Image credit: Lily Safavi, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Love this dress and what skilled (not) photography! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is AMAZING! Could have easily believed it was a DVF little number! You look amazing in it too!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground