Pages

06.07.2015- What I Wore Today #223

Monday, 6 July 2015

Phew! I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggled with the little heatwave which engulfed us last week (hottest July day ever...say whaaaat??!), and finding appropriate outfits for this weather has been a right old dilemma. Whilst I've got my fair share of shorts stashed away, they tend to accessible on a strictly 'for holidays' only basis- and I don't think I'll ever be convinced that beachwear and daywear should become one and the same thing, particularly at rush hour in central London! With that in mind, I've been scouting about for a selection of styles which are both work and weather appropriate:

outfit7thjuly
outfit7thjuly2
Top- Topshop 
Trousers- Finery London
Necklace- Kate Spade
Shoes- Birkenstock 
Bag- c/o Atterley 
Sunglasses- Vintage 

Finery London is a new brand which has been on my radar for a little while, so when the forecast featured some foreboding Fahrenheit predictions, I made something of a beeline for their brilliant collection of summer ready, smart staples. Not only is the pretty print of these trousers perfect for this time of the year (and for wearing to the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, as I did here!), they're also wonderfully practical too, with the looser fit proving and ideal alternative to some of the more rigidly tailored pieces in my wardrobe. Here I paired them with a steadfast staple in the shape of this blouse from Topshop- a favourite failsafe which has seen me through about five summers to date and which is yet to let me down! 

What are your go-to summer pieces? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit, those trousers are so cute!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground