Pages

13.07.2015- Hampton Court Palace Flower Show

Monday, 13 July 2015

Last weekend heralded the arrival of a much anticipated event in my diary- the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show! After absolutely falling in love with the event last year, and following my exploration of Chelsea back in May, heading back for the 25th anniversary show was an absolute must. I've been in the garden here at home quite a lot over the last few weeks as well, so eagerly made my way around the Hampton Court showground, picking up plenty of inspiration from the beautifully curated displays, bespoke designs and bounty of plants on offer:


For this special celebration of the Hampton Court event's 25th birthday, the RHS really did pull everything out of the bag. The showgrounds felt a lot more expansive, and also a lot less crowded than last year, which is always a bonus- particularly as it affords you a brilliant opportunity to get to see some really inspirational design up close. For me, both the Conceptual and Show Gardens felt a lot more accessible that those at the Chelsea Flower Show, and I think that Hampton Court really benefits from having such a vast expanse of space available- making things feel a lot less claustrophobic too. One of my highlights was the Yardley London garden, called 'A Growing Obsession'; with elegant planting and Victorian inspired design coming together in celebration of their new selection of Contemporary Classics fragrances- all of which smell amazing!

The Rose Marquee is always a treat, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I nearly walked away with one of each of the beautiful blooms on display! My absolute favourite was called Birthday Girl, and the delicate blooms seemed like the perfect celebration of such a landmark occasion- particularly as I realised whilst walking around the showground that the flower show started shortly after I was born, and that we're both 25..! The larger plant tent was also full to the brim with stunning displays- and here my highlights included the Dahlias, Hydrangeas and an incredible array of Orchids- well deserving of their gold medal! Much like last year, I could have come away with armfuls of blooms- and can think of no better way to spend a lovely summer afternoon than in such stunning surroundings, so I have no doubt that I'll be back again next year too!

Also, I'm beyond excited that the RHS have just announced plans to host a new show at Chatsworth House in 2017- so much so that I'm already planning a trip!

Have you ever been to a flower show?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground