Pages

17.07.2015- What I Wore Today #224

Friday, 17 July 2015

Although day to day I tend to live in jeans and various combinations of blouses, t-shirts and jumpers (depending, of course, on the temperature!), sometimes it's brilliant to throw caution slightly to the wind and get a little bit creative with your sartorial choices. Regular readers will know that one of my favourite pastimes is hunting down vintage gems, and although my wardrobe isn't bursting at the seams with retro relics, over the years I've had a fair few fruitful finds, and am always keeping my eyes well and truly peeled for some new additions to my collection. With that in mind, checking the new in section of the Beyond Retro website has become something of an obsession of late, and last week I came across a gorgeous piece which I think might just be my most treasured discovery to date:

outfit12thjuly
Dress- Vintage (via Beyond Retro)
Sunglasses- Vintage
Shoes- Converse
Bag- c/o Atterley

The shirt dress has got to be one of my absolute favourite go-to styles for fuss-free summer dressing, particularly if you're looking for something which makes a simple statement without requiring too much effort (#earlymorningproblems!) When I spied this monochrome style it was added to my bag in a heartbeat- I fell in love with the print pretty much at first sight and it's something which I know is completely one of a kind as well. The relaxed fit makes it perfect for summer in the city, with the statement collar retaining just the perfect smart touch too; needless to say that it's well and truly become a firm favourite already! Keeping styling simple, here I teamed it with my basic Converse trainers and co-ordinating accessories in the shape of my Atterley backpack and sunglasses- another brilliant vintage find which have well and truly earned their keep since I picked them up three summers ago in Brighton!

Have you picked up any new vintage favourites recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. What a babe! Love the bag too! I'm really into backpacks at the moment and this one is right up my street!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress - perfect city summer outfit! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground