Pages

27.07.2015- Summer Style: Making a Statement

Monday, 27 July 2015

For me, the arrival of summer provides a fantastic opportunity to inject a few more splashes of colour than usual into my wardrobe, as well as experiment with styling some old favourites in lots of different ways. As I touched on in my last post, the changeable weather of late (hello soggy weekend!) has meant that I've only tentatively been embracing the transition into my summer staples, and more recently I've found myself reaching for some favourite statement accessories to pep up some multi-purpose pieces which tend themselves perfectly to rainy days. In fact, one recent purchase has been a really savvy spend, and is something which I've become more or less surgically attached to over the last few weeks:


I'd had my beady eye on this necklace from Accessorize for a little while, and on a whim one day I decided to pop in and pick it up- so you can only imagine how quickly I made my way to the till when I spied that it had been reduced to half price in their sale! Not only are the bold colours ideal for instantly adding a bit of boost to some of my favourite basics, but it's a really versatile addition to my jewellery collection too. So far I've been teaming it with staple shirts for a little bit of embellishment around the collar, and I've already earmarked a fair few dresses in my wardrobe which I think it would work really well with too. Just goes to show that you don't have to break the bank to come up with plenty of new looks, eh?!

Have you picked up any statement accessories recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground