Pages

07.08.2015- On the Menu: Jackson & Rye

Friday, 7 August 2015

At the risk of sounding food obsessed, I'm working on something of a restaurant bucket list at the moment- drawing up a plan (fantasy or otherwise!) of where I'll resolve to dine out at sooner rather than later. Who knows- maybe it'll spur me on to make a reservation for an indulgent fine food experience, or indeed brave the queue outside Dishoom after work one evening! In the meantime, however, I'm happy to stick with a selection of tried and tested favourites- those old faithfuls which won't break the bank and which dish up a selection of top quality eats time after time. For me, Jackson & Rye is just one such favourite- and a destination which keeps drawing me back...


Nestled away in the heart of Soho, Jackson & Rye is home to an eclectic, American inspired menu, which incorporates bountiful brunch options as well as a superb selection of mains- in short there's something to indulge every palette. For pre-theatre trip a few Saturdays back, I opted for the buttermilk chicken, served in a brioche bun, with fries and homemade slaw- and it was a dish which more than lived up to my expectations. Flavoursome and not too heavy, it was a lovely lunch treat, particularly accompanied by an Arnold Palmer- iced tea with lemonade which was perfect for cooling down on a sticky city afternoon. Dessert was essentially heaven on a plate- the Melting Chocolate Sundae - which might just be one of the most inspired concoctions I've ever encountered. Needless to say, I'm already planning a return visit to sample some more of the menu- perhaps my bucket list for the time being could just involve sampling every Jackson & Rye dish, eh?! 

Which restaurants are on your bucket list? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. The buttermilk chicken is one of my favourite dishes there! But how come I have never tried that dessert before? I need to fix that ASAP!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredible, I NEED that dessert!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground