Pages

12.08.2015- What I Wore Today #227

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

As much as one of the most welcome parts of summer is embracing bolder prints and a seasonal spectrum of statement shades, one of the things which I enjoy most about the warmer weather (as well as being able to leave the house without a coat/jacket/jumper) is switching up some of my favourite wardrobe basics. Over the last few years I've realised that the majority of pieces in my possession are far better suited to styling during the spring and summer (such an impractical shopper!), so when we do get a glimpse of anything other than rain I really look forward to digging out some seasonal purchases and reworking them with some updated essentials:

outfit26thjuly
Tee- Whistles
Trousers- F&F
Necklace-F&F
Shoes- Adidas (via Urban Outfitters)
Bag- Topshop
Sunglasses- ASOS

You might remember that I picked up these printed trousers from F&F at the start of last summer, and they've since become a real perennial favourite. Although I've tried to incorporate them into my winter wardrobe time and time again, I'm now convinced that they belong firmly to the summer section of sartorial staples, particularly as they work really well with lots of my basic blouses and tees. This particular t-shirt is a comparatively recent purchase from Whistles (as we all know that I find it almost impossible to resist anything I see from there which has a slogan on!), and has been a brilliant investment for the summer- the perfect, easy to thrown on simple basic which makes a statement with absolutely minimal effort on my part! The stuff of summer style dreams, wouldn't you say?

What are your favourite summer basics?

(Image ctedit: Sophie Warner, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Twit twoo! Love that tee - our Whistles selection in HK is disappointingly tiny ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, you pull off slogans so well!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground