Pages

26.08.2015- Most Wanted: ASOS Autumn Additions

Wednesday, 26 August 2015

With new season fashion well and truly on the brain, I've found myself itching to update my wardrobe- and one destination which has well and truly caught my eye over recent weeks is ASOS. They've got some seriously eye catching pieces online at the moment, and are ticking all of the right boxes as far as autumn's trends are concerned. Over recent weeks the selection of pieces in my saved items has seriously swelled, and I'm definitely going to be making the most of the 20% off voucher which comes with this month's issue of ELLE to snap up some new season essentials. I've already drawn up a fair old wishlist...

Belted Skater Dress in Star Print, £35/Monki Double Breasted Trench Coat, £65/Denim Shirt Dress with Patch Pocket, £38/French Connection Jumper, £70/Waven High Rise Jeans, £50/Warehouse Wrap Tunic Top, £42/Suede Shirt Dress, £85/V Front Vest with Mesh Insert, £20/Free People Smooth Talker Tunic Dress, £88/Wrap Pencil Skirt with Scallop Detail, £22

You can never have enough printed pieces in your wardrobe as far as I'm concerned, and it's always lovely to inject a splash of colour and character into autumn, particularly as the days get gloomier. This star print dress is a really firm favourite of mine already, and it's a really versatile purchase as well as ticking the perfect boxes for special occasion dressing (Bonfire Night anyone?!) The unpredictable British weather tends to make autumn (and summer for that matter!) a tricky old mistress to navigate, so being equipped for all weathers is absolutely essential. One of the best investment purchases I've made over recent years has been my trench coat- a real staple and a piece which is probably one of the most worn pieces in my wardrobe. This oversized style from Monki is a great buy for the coming season, as well as being a brilliant long-term spend too, particularly if this rainy spell carries on!

Our collective love affair with all things denim is something which shows no sign of abating over the coming months, so if you're yet to snap up some key pieces then you'll find plenty to choose from. This tunic dress caught my eye as the shape is super flattering, and it's a brilliant basic which would really lend itself to being both dressed up and down. As things turn a little chillier, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds themselves shopping around for some new season knitwear, and this pretty pink jumper from French Connection has recently rocketed onto my radar. Not only is the colour wonderfully refreshing, but I can imagine it looking great layered under a pinafore dress in homage to the 60s inspired shapes which will be hitting the shops soon- what do you think? With denim on the brain once again, the arrival of the new season usually sees me shopping around for new everyday essentials, and as we speak I'm on the hunt for some jeans to replace a few pairs which have definitely seen better days. This Waven pair are on my shopping list, especially as they're the perfect middle ground between the skinny and higher rise styles which I tend to find myself reaching for day to day. 

With wardrobe basics on the agenda,  you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with this simple wrap top from Warehouse, again ideal for layering and as a true transitional treasure. If you're after something with a more distinctly autumnal hue, then get saving those pennies for this oxblood dress of dreams. With the suede fabric and shirt dress shape it taps into the 70s aesthetic perfectly, so technically you're getting two trends for the price of one...ultimate wardrobe maths! Whilst I try and avoid proactively picking up darker tones as we head towards winter, sometimes you really can't go wrong with going back to basics with block colour black. This top treads the line between smart and casual perfectly, with the cut out detail lending a really modern edge too.

If you're searching for something with a bit more of a bohemian feel, then make the Free People pages your first port of call. This gorgeous printed tunic is a really effortless essential, and one of those perennial favourites which requires minimal effort in the styling stakes too. Finally, I've posted (all too often, some might say!) about the considerable skirt shaped gap in my wardrobe, and it's one which I'm resolved to fill over the coming months. I've already got my beady eye firmly fixed on this scalloped number- although I'm holding out for the bare legged weather to give us one last hurrah before opaque tights become obligatory once again!

Have you picked up any new season pieces recently?

(Image credit: ASOS.)

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground