Pages

28.08.2015- On the Menu: Café Pistou, Exmouth Market

Friday, 28 August 2015

Discovering new parts of any city is always lovely, but I'm always eager to uncover new pockets of London, particularly as there is still (shamefully!) so much of it which I'm yet to explore. Since my trips to The Modern Pantry and Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings, I've been eagerly investigating Clerkenwell as a dining-out destination, and a few weeks ago another gem was propelled onto my radar in the shape of Café Pistou:



Tucked away at the end of Exmouth Market, Café Pistou is an adorable bistro style eatery, offering Provençal inspired plates a plenty. I've become a real convert to smaller, sharing dishes of late, particularly as it means that you get to sample lots more of the menu, which is always lovely when there are such flavoursome plates on offer. Particular highlights included the incredible prawns and basil in feuille de brique pastry, delicate vegetable ratatouille and salt cod croquettes, as well as the spatchcocked chicken from the offering of larger plates. Needless to say the chocolate pudding was heavenly too! With incredible brunch and afternoon tea offerings too, I'm sure I'll be heading back imminently! 

Have you uncovered any hidden foodie gems recently? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good!! Seriously have some food-catching up to do when I'm back on home turf! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground