Pages

20.08.2015- What I Wore Today #228

Thursday, 20 August 2015

Over the last few months, I've been making a few savvy purchases here and there- pieces which have caught my eye and which I've thought investment enough purely down to their styling potential. At this time of the year especially, I tend to shop for staples which are comfortable and easy to wear, and which fit in as seamlessly as possible with some of the old favourites which I've got tucked away in my wardrobe. The unpredictable weather also means that I'm getting a bit creative with styling some of my summer favourites for the intermittent bursts of sun, wind and rain- or, as it's commonly known, the Great British summertime:

outfit2ndaugust
Jacket- Zara
Top- Zara
Trousers- Finery London
Shoes- Adidas (via Urban Outfitters)
Bag- Topshop
Sunglasses- Ray Ban (via John Lewis)

You might remember these gorgeous Finery London from my trip to the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show back in July- a day which was scorching hot and saw me get sunburnt whilst slathered in factor 50. Woe. Such a prospect seems like a distant memory now (double woe!), but I'm relieved to discover that these trousers are far more enduring than the sunshine. I was a little bit apprehensive about how to style them for the transition in seasons, but have found that keeping things simple with block colours works a treat. This longline top from Zara is another recent investment, and it's a spend which is definitely paying off as I've more or less been living in in since I picked it up. I'm sure it's a piece which I'll be getting plenty of wear out of as we edge towards autumn (shudders..!) too.

Have you made any wardrobe investments recently?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful look :) Kiss from France, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these trousers! Where has our nice summer weather gone?! x
    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground