Pages

04.10.2015- What I Wore Today #233

Sunday, 4 October 2015

At this time of the year, knowing how to best dress for the tricky temperatures can be something of a fine art. Regardless of what's been forecast, over the last few weeks I've woken up to various combinations of fog, torrential rain and (however intermittently!) glorious sunshine. Such changeable conditions mean that any forward planning in the fashion stakes is more or less futile, particularly if you've underestimated potential downpours (#soggybottom..!) So, with that in mind, of late I've found myself reaching for some failsafe style staples:

outfit22ndaugust
Coat- Whistles 
Shirt- & Other Stories 
Jeans- American Apparel 
Shoes- Converse (c/o JD Sports)
Bag- Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban (via John Lewis)

I've had this trench coat from Whistles for what feels like absolutely ages, and season after season it's always a piece which I come back to. Needless to say, it's well and truly been a worthwhile investment and one which I'm so glad I made. It's also one of those wonderful staples which works wonderfully with more or less everything I've got in my wardrobe, and here I teamed it with a comparatively new addition in the shape of this gorgeous shirt from & Other Stories- again a fairly basic piece but one which I've been getting so much wear out of over the last few weeks. Another purchase which has proven to be seriously savvy!
Which pieces are your transitional treasures?

(Image credit: Lily Safavi, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. That trench coat is gorgeous, I really do love Whistles!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with an Oxford shirt and trench, eh? Lookin' ever so lavly my love. Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a babe! Oh and I also do love a good trench coat and this one looks like an amazing find! I have my eyes on a Zara one myself.


    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground